1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEAC DW-224 Problems after instalation. Windows not recognizing.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by limitedw, Apr 23, 2005.

1. limitedw

limitedw Member

My drive went bad so I ordered one (Slim-Select Toshiba). It had the wrong bevels, but that is no probelm. I fixed the hardware. Windows is supposed to auto find the drive. It does not. In fact, their is no place to add hardware (no cd-dd category). That is very weird that their is no category. Does anyone know why the deice isn't detected. It works perfectly with the exception of being usable. Help.Help.Help. I need this drive.

2. fishily

fishily Member

I am trying to understand your question.

I'm guessing you bought a dvd drive for your laptop, is that right?

3. limitedw

limitedw Member

Okay, here is some better info. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M15-s405. IT had a TEAC DW-224-e. It went bad so I bought a TEAC DW-224-e but with connector and molding for a compaq. I changed the molding and connector. Now when I put a disk in and it works. Disks spin up as if they are getting ready to autorun, etc. The only problem is that the driv edoes not show up in my computer and cannot be detected. I have tried adding the hardware manually. TEAC says that the drive is plug and play and offer NO ASSISTANCE. Toshiba says that since the molding is differnet it is not a toshiba backed part. Windows is never helpful. What can i do to make the drive show up an be accessible to windows?