1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tecchie Help Needed.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by delafoo, Jan 5, 2005.

1. delafoo

delafoo Guest

My brother downloaded a ripped copy of Nero on his PC. It ended up F#$%ing up one of his CD=Rom drives, but left his DVD/RW drive alone.

For some reason, his PC was reading the CD-Rom Drive as a DVD drive, and the driver settings were listed as a Nero Driver, like it had taken over. The CD-Rom Drive would constantly have its light on, but never open.

I tried disabling (first) and then uninstalling this Nero driver, but it would re-install itself.

However, his CD-Rom would open in the first few minutes of PC boot up before the drive loaded itself.

So, I used win patrol to permanently kill the program from starting up, but left it on his pc, and it fixed the problem.

However, my brother not being too pc adept, deleted the nero program when he got home, and the problems are back.

This time, it popped up in the RAID drivers as a nero driver (after completely uninstalling nero from the system though add/remove programs). It does kind of sound virulent, but we scanned with ZA suite, McAfee online, and Symantec online, as well as spybot, and ad aware.

Any Ideas on how I can kill this app and re-install the correct RAID driver?

Thx.

BB

2. colw

colw Active member