1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech shop PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by remy888, Feb 11, 2003.

1. remy888

remy888 Member

Hi there is there any good knowledgable PS2 repair shop in Calgary Alberta, Canada? I mean somebody or place that deals with and has experience with PS2's modded or not. Must be something wrong with my drive as it works with PS One games backed up or originals but anything dvd comes up disk error or just keeps trying to read the disk. It was working before but it just died reading dvd's of anysort and I'm no tech myself unless anybodys has some moderate fixer upper solutions for this situation.

2. iats2001

iats2001 Member

does it play ps2 dvd/cd games?

3. remy888

remy888 Member

Plays only PS one games. Any dvd original game, burned and dvd movie does not pickup. I think it has something to do with the DVD/CD Rom it's a lot noisier now. Sounds like it whirls around then clicks, whirls around again then clicks. Sounds like it's spinning the disk to fast or not enough and it's unable to detect the disk info properly.

4. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

It sounds to me like you need your laser replaced. When your PS2 can play CD's but not DVD's this is the cause most of the time. It isn't that difficult a job as you can buy kits with instructions of how to do it. Check this link out.

http://www.precisionmods.com/ps2.htm

5. Hylxx

Hylxx Member

I live in Calgary also.. try http://www.mydigitaldepot.com/
    Im pretty sure he could fix you up or tell you where to go.
    Phone number not on website but it was advertised in the Bargin Finder.
    Ph (403)605-2425

6. remy888

remy888 Member

Thanks for the info. Just want to show I appreciate it when people try to help somebody in need that's a total stranger. I will keep that option in mind as well as the website. Damm another version 4 with the same problem, not exactly what I wanted to hear but thanks for your input.

7. remy888

remy888 Member

Thanks for the link Hylxx. Have U bought or used that links service before and R they really in Calgary, where I can just bring my sick PS2 too? Sounds like music to my ears that I could have a place in my city where I could a repair shop I could bring my consoles to :)