1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technika DVDFAW08 Region code needed

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bigj77, May 18, 2009.

1. bigj77

bigj77 Member

hi

can anyone help me with this? I've looked on different forums, and for the code you do this

open cd draw
    press setup
    then volume up volume down, volume up,volume down.

a 2 appears

then apparently you press right until it changes to 255 for multi region.

i cant get the 2 to change though and ive pressed right lots of times

can anyone help?

thank you

2. K96J2QSW

K96J2QSW Member

hi
    i tried your method and no 2 ever appeared so i gave up, another one i tried was :

Press the Open button on the front of the player
    * Press the Setup button on your remote control
    * Using the Left button on your remote control, change the display to the Preference Page
    * Press the Down button on your remote control to highlight the Set TV Standard option
    * Using your remote control, press the buttons 4, 9, 5, 4 and 0, in order, one at a time
    NB : You may need to perform this step quicker if this doesn't work as expected
    * The onscreen display will display the currently selected region
    * Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
    * Press the Setup button on your remote control
    * Power Off your player
    * Power On your player

i never got past the change the prefrence page, as there is not one but i stubbornly kept typing in the code, gave up, then put the dvd in just to see, and it works?!
    so my advice is follow the instructions as best u can, type the code in a couple of times, and try it!

3. poddys

poddys Member

I tried the first option. The number 2 appeared, but nothing would make it change.

The second option was no good. There is no Preference option on the setup menu.

Anyone have any other options?