1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeny tiny eMule question

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sherville, Feb 8, 2004.

1. sherville

sherville Guest

Hiya's,

Just a quick question... I am getting ready to format my computer, I haven't been using eMule for long, but am I right in thinking theres some file somewhere which is my upload credits? If so, which is it, and can I just put it back in the eMule folder when I get everything running again and expect it to be fine?

Thank you kindly! :)

2. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

Well, you're on the right track. Your upload credits are actually stored on everyone else's computers, the people you uploaded to. However, to keep those credits, you need to keep your user hash. Your user hash is stored in your emule folder, in preferences.dat and cryptkey.dat. It would be best to back up the entire eMule folder, program and all, to a cd. eMule doesn't use the registry, just .ini files, so that should do the trick. After you format, overwrite the folder back into program files off the cd. This will allow you to keep your user hash, and save the clients.met which stores everyone else's credits that you owe from downloading ;-).

3. sherville

sherville Guest

Thanks very much!

4. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

No problem. ;-)

5. Daxx

Daxx Regular member

Was wondering: So if I install a new mod my credits are gone ??

Hasnt it something to do with the clientID ya get cuz its always the same...

Cant believe that ones credit is wasted just by changing mule, or..?

6. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

Quoting myself:
    So, just make sure you keep those files. That is unless preferences.dat has to be the different depending upon the mod, I have no earthly idea. I would venture to guess that the only thing different about a mod would be the .exe, but I really don't know.