1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tekken 5 r00?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by snipered, Mar 14, 2005.

1. snipered

snipered Member

I downloaded tekken 5. It has the correct files as ive checked it on other sites.
    Anyway, i changed 001 to rar and ran the extraction.
    It then keeps asking for a r00 file and there is no such file.

What shall i do? The same file hundreds of people have. Please help me out

2. snipered

snipered Member

The files are 001 - 080. It has a sfv file, i did the sfv check and everything is correct. I can't understand why, does anybody know? ive been waiting to play this game for ages.

Please help

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Do not change the extension on these files. Just use winrar to extract them. Choose any '1' file from the bunch and extract it. This will automatically extract the file from all of the rar's.

4. snipered

snipered Member

I tried it your way and the way in the guide and it kept asking for r00 file.

So what i did was extract all of the files to a folder. Then opened up winrar and said open, changed archive to all files. Then i picked the first file (001) and then extracted the iso file that way. That worked for me.

Cheers for the help though.

5. cdneger

cdneger Member

Wtf? This is confusing. You extracted the files TWICE? o_O

What dragula said is right, just start extracting one of the files, without changing extensions or any such crap.

What COULD cause your original problem is another compression program. I used to have the awesomely bad 7z unpacker installed and I have had many an error with that piece of shit. It butted in every time, trying to unpack every .rar file I had and every time it gave errors.

Stick to Winrar, never EVER change extensions, follow the guides and everything will be just fine.

6. snipered

snipered Member

I didn't even when i tried the other way, it was asking for a r00 file. I have winzip and winrar.

I don't know why that was happening so i had to do it my way. It was the only way it worked. Tried for 2 hrs the other way.

If it happens to anyone else at least you can refer back to this thread.

Weird or what.

7. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Using Windows Explorer, go to Control Panel-->Folder Options-->View. Make sure the box for Hide extentions for known file types is unchecked.

Rename all of the files, so that they go from .001, .002, etc.

Make sure you have winrar installed on your computer. You can get it from here:
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar342.exe

1)Run winrar.exe
    Default location C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

2)Select File-->Browse for folder

3)Locate the folder with the Tekken5 archive.

4)Right click on the file named e-tekken5.001. Select Extract to the specified folder. Locate a place to extract the image to.

5)Burn the image to dvd-r using DVD Decrypter.

This is what it should look like.

[​IMG]

8. snipered

snipered Member

Just to let you know. I tried that first and nope that did not work for me. It kept asking for r00 file.

May work for others but not for me. No need to keep posting that same post. I've seen it loads of times.

9. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Did you change it back to .001? You shouldn't have changed it in the first place.