1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEON DVD-R's any good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dsjason, Dec 9, 2004.

1. dsjason

dsjason Member

the staples near my house has 20 pack on sale for $4.94. anyone ever used these. thanks

2. tomripley

tomripley Member

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

they probably will ID as CMC Magnetics which are pretty much junk

i wouldn't recommend them but if you still want them, then i would not put anything important on them
    that way if they are "dead" in a year or sooner, it will not matter

i had some wal-mart special Teon cd-r's and they were junk
    most burnt fine and read fine the day i burnt them, but a few months later when i was going to play them some of them were already dead

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello dsjason, A friend of mine told me his wife bought him the teon -8x. He said he had no trouble burning. It also played in his xbox,ps2, and the rest of his stand alones which is pretty good. I went there after work this morning,but all they had left was the +8x's. Heck, I got a trapshoot coming up so why not try them.I put them in the dvdinfopro and they came up as ricohjpnr01. Checked that on videofaq.com and said they were 2nd class media, not cmc's. That same code # is on my verbatim media life +4x's and they are doing pretty good. I will let you know how they burn later tonight.See ya

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey dsjason, I just burned 2 of those teon's and did it at 8x. No trouble and played good in all 3 of my stand alones. I probably won't use these on my important backups,but will use them on the stupid ones. Later

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If those are indeed Ricohjpn R01's go get em. Good media. They are $46.95 for 40 at my local staples. Too much as I can buy 100 for $40.00.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello all, I just sent my wife in to pick up some teons at staples ,especially the -8x,they were out of both + and -.I am not sure what the code on the -8x are,I told my buddy to check on http://www.dvdinfopro.com and he hasn't got back with me yet. Later

8. Belgorod

Belgorod Member

A couple of months ago I bought 20 bundle of Teon DVD-R 8x for $20 something. They were excellent, and that is why I didn't hesitate when I saw them again in Staples for $4.94 for 20 pieces a couple of days ago. Well, this time I was completely disappointed since out of 10 disks so far only one I have been able to burn successfully with my Pioneer DVR-108. DVD indentifier says it is CMCMAG. AE 1.

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I tried to get some more yesterday,they were all gone.My buddy got the teon -8x,they were cmags.You don't know what you are getting if they are made by cmagnetics.Now we got 2 foot of snow dumped on us,and I can't check another store.

10. Brasah

Brasah Member

Crap! totally!! picked em up at staples havent burned 1 good one yet always get errors and or it wont verify burn Have some Maxells not a prob with them

11. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

I just picked up 8 spindles at STAPLES today. I have done 3 back ups so far and no issues yet. The ID on them came up as CMC MAG a01. These are on the garbage scale I guess, But like a said I have had no problems yet. Hey for $4.99 it was hard to pass up. I cleaned the whole rack off.

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey brasah,did you get the -8x or +8x in the 20 pack spindle? The +8x's burned a played great,in fact my home recorder likes them quite a bit. That is why I mainly burn the +,so I can also try them out in the tv home burner.

13. tomt7898

tomt7898 Guest

As of yet! I've not had any problems with the TEON +R 8x disks. I've burnt almost a dozen copies and NO PROBLEMS. I'm Inclinded to believe that maybe it has something to do with specific burners or software some are using.. I've got a NEC burner and 321 software and so far so, so good...I've always used the less expensive means of dvds always +r's.
    Stick with the +R's

14. tomt7898

tomt7898 Guest

One other thing what do you guys mean by when you went to view them later on that they were DEAD?
    please explain >>>>

15. Brasah

Brasah Member

Teon 8x dvd +r 20for 4.99 . im using nero to burn and ill compile whateverdata i want to back up. And it will go thru the whole processthen at end erorr comes up and it can not verify data?? and nothing is on disc and disc can not be used again!my burner is dual format havve burned both -and+ on other mediaMy Burner is a i/o magic 16x dual layer dual format

16. kchev

kchev Regular member

the disc will not open
    it is as if there is a blank disc loaded but the drive can't read the data because it is gone
    it can also lock up drives when you try to eject the disc because it is trying to read the corrupted data

cheap dye breaks down faster and causes data loss

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004