1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator 3 Redemption SOLUTION

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Knight88, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Knight88

Knight88 Member

Ok..this is really quite simple. Use CogSwap Loader.
    1.Load CD Swap 2.Swap for CogSwap 3.Press X 4.After CogSwap loads press EJECT 5.Insert high TOC disc like Devil May Cry and press EJECT again 6.Press X 7.Swap for Terminator 3 Redemption backup and you'll be playing this kick ass game (IMHO)!!!
    There is no memory card trick or anything....it all has to do with TOC size. Ok everyone....YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!! ENJOY!!!

2. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

This method sounds bitchin but I cant seem to boot my cogswaploader disc I made. Is there a way to download a cogswaploader disc off the net? And do you have to use a original Devil May Cry or any other high TOC disc to do this method?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  3. killians

killians Member

This worked for me thanks! My backup was freezing up at the load screen same as everyone else. Tried this method and it worked

I am getting a graphic glitch when driving the truck, but it could be the cheap media I'm using.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  4. Knight88

Knight88 Member

Go to swapmagicfix.com and download CogSwap. I burned it with Alcohol 120 set for PS2 burns....remember you have to originally boot your CD Swap Disc first then swap it for the CogSwap disc. For the higher TOC disc you need an original I believe...I used my original Devil May Cry...here is a listing of TOC disc sizes if it helps...use the biggest one you've got.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84252

5. Knight88

Knight88 Member

**BUMP**

6. ersqo

ersqo Member

I have PS2 vs 7 and I burned CogSwap with 4x speed and 40x speed non of these loads. I tried to load it through Swap magic CD and DVD non works. My cogswap is from swapmagicxif.com v 1.0

Please help.

7. Knight88

Knight88 Member

That's where i got my CogSwap too and Iam running a PS2v7+. What did you burn the CogSwap with....I used Alcohol 120 set for PS2 burning without any problems...and you did burn CogSwap to a CD right?

8. ersqo

ersqo Member

used Nero for 4x speed and then alcohol 120 for maximum of 40x speed. Burned on to Memorex CD-R. Then

Load the swap magic cd loader: asks me if I want to load the program Normaly.. I swap for burned cog swap and press x the screen goes red and nothing loads just freezes.

Also tried the same with spwap magic dvd loader, it cannot loaad it (well it is a cd-r why should it:))

Swap magic CD loader dows not want to load it. The image file of cogswap after unziped iz about 28 Mg.

Can you please post a step by step procedure and the screens that you see on your PS2?

Thank you.

9. Knight88

Knight88 Member

The easiest thing I can tell you is go back to swapmagicfix.com and click on the "CogSwapLoader Usage" link. A detailed instruction base will open including screen pictures of each step. You might wanna try to use Alcohol 120 at a lower speed...I usually burn PS2 CD's at no greater than 4X and double check that the "datatype" box in Alcohol 120 says "Playstation 2" before you click "Start" to burn. Hope this helps...it's a really cool game, I hope you get it going soon!

10. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Dont use Clone CD to make the Cogswap Disc. I used Alcohol 120% to make it and it boots fine. Thanks for the help on this thread hommies.

11. andrew31

andrew31 Regular member

this didnt work for me
    so i rebuild the iso useing cdvdgen . the image i got was 1.6gb and work great with smdvd

12. lalopak

lalopak Member

andrew 31
    do you have a list, or method that you used to rebuild
    the iso ?

13. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I'm without a PS1 game to make the cogswap. Can someone send me files from a PS1 disc? I'll get the SLUS #.

14. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Go to swapmagicfix.com and download the cogswap link. Burn it to CD-R and then use it.

15. theinner6

theinner6 Member

Don't you need a ps1 disc to create a titledb? Or is it all set for you on swapmagicfix.com?

16. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Its all set in the file. Just make sure you have a original high TOC PS2 game like Devil May Cry to boot up Terminator 3 Redemption.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  17. theinner6

theinner6 Member

Burnt it using Alcohol 120% by just loading the image and burning at 4X. I used the Swap Magic CD v3.0 and swapped for the cogswap. Didn't load. Just turned to a red screen. Then, I reburned the cogswap image using the PS2 setting on Alcohol 120% at 4X. Same thing. Any suggestions? On SwapMagicFix.com, their picture of the CD Loader says it's version 2.0 and looks the same as my DVD Loader. My Swap Magic 3.0 has a menu in it and NTSC/PAL selector. Anyone know if that makes a difference? Also, last I checked SCPH 39001 was a version 7 PS2. That's what I have. Don't know why this isn't working...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  18. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

That sucks! We'll I failed burning the cogswap with clone cd but with alcohol 120%, I did it successfully using the PS2 setting. I have a V4 system and use the Swap Magic CD 2.0 to boot it. Maybe someone at ps2ownz can help you?

19. josieu

josieu Member

Hi Guys,
    I'm in a desperate need to learn how to burn ps2 games ,but is there anyone out there that can show me how to burn the ps2 games .
    because I really dont understand anything about alchol120 or that swamp thing can anyone of you nice people show me the way thanks!!!!!!

20. mynewname

mynewname Member

ok if some1 could reply to this I would greatly appreciate it. I need to use cogswap for Star Wars and I can't get it to work.. now once you load cogswap and put in Devil May cry YOU say to hit eject and put int he other game. was under the impression that you put in Devil May cry and then use the swap methodd again to put in the backup. Which is correct?