1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TES Oblivion Graphics help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. mage608

mage608 Member

try this if you game is crashing at the goblin shaman, it the first time you encounter spells so this might be your answer

2. graffik

graffik Regular member

If you still need it i put it on this location on the web

If you cannot get to the site please give me a valid e-mail here i will file send it. it is a standard imperial but It is right outside the starter dungeon (when you first get fresh air) command to change class/race/birthsign is clicking ' key (tilde) and typing any of these
    "ShowClassMenu" Show the class selection screen
    ShowRaceMenu" Show the name/race/appearance selection screen
    ShowBirthSignMenu" Show the sign selection screen
    (all without quotes)

you can just change the character before doing so please remove any armor from character because kajiit may not be able to wear it.

3. graffik

graffik Regular member

Holdon don't get that file wrong location sorry will make one

4. graffik

graffik Regular member

It's here use this 1

It has a text file where to save it it is kajiit birthsign the steed, class battlemage still if you cannot download give me a valid e-mail i will file send it that way

5. phil500

phil500 Member

thank you for the save,i extracted it to the saves file in mygames,when i load the game it crashes and the save picture shows that iv got purple water m8

6. graffik

graffik Regular member

sorry you probably have an incompatible cpu (mine shows purple water too never figured how to fix that) You should get at least a 3.0 ghz processor to do it.if in usa try fry's electronics you can often get motherboard+cpus there for really low cost

7. phil500

phil500 Member

my com passed everything on requirement labs,iv also ordered a ATI RADEON X700 SE 256MB graphic / video card PCI-E,is this card any good thx

8. phil500

phil500 Member

graffix if you change the ini file in my games make sure that bUsewatershader=0. i did this and the games water is blue im a play a bit more l8a

9. graffik

graffik Regular member

try uninstalling programs you do not use regularly. try disabling programs in active memory or stopping them from startup. Some of these programs may be using the same memory location as oblivion is. and when they hit the same exact spot blam it crashes. I can give you some details on how to stop startup programs however the technical way is like the (!) Slopes meaning you have to be extremely careful what you do writing down each and every option you disable so you can go back and re-enable it if it fails

simplest (!) Method - 1) click START then RUN type in the box -> msconfig <-

click final option STARTUP and disable programs that auto-run when you boot your computer REMEMBER write everything down you do and only disable those things you are positive of. It will free up memory and hopefully correct your problems

10. Dougmadoc

Dougmadoc Member

hey I wanna buy a new laptop but am a little strapped for cash unfprtunately i need it to play oblivion. thinking of a samsung R20
    1.7ghz core duo
    1gb DDR ram
    ATI radeon xpress 1250 256mb

is there any chance that this could run or am i just dreaming it doesn't have to look amazing just work
    Cheers

11. graffik

graffik Regular member

Minimum reccomended cpu speed is 2ghz. Suggested 3+

12. dap100

dap100 Member

In the sewers I suffer random crashes, usually while in combat. I used the killall command to get past the rats, and goblins, ext. but it crashes when the guards are killing the Mythic Dawn. I also have about 5-10 FPS when i am facing the guards. I followed all the directions and here are my specs: Radeon 9200 PRO - Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz - 1.5GB RAM.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  13. graffik

graffik Regular member

try OLDBLIVION at oldblivion.com

14. dap100

dap100 Member

Yea, thats what i'm using, the oldblivion client. I got out of the server by using 'coc toddtest' and then used 'showclassmenu' and 'showbirthsign', but it still crashes when i go into combat.

15. dap100

dap100 Member

16. dap100

dap100 Member

Yea, thats what i'm using, the oldblivion client. I got out of the sewer by using 'coc toddtest' and then used 'showclassmenu' and 'showbirthsign', but it still crashes when i go into combat.

17. graffik

graffik Regular member

start changing as many options as you can.. close detail, Turn Shadows Off, stop distance rendering etc, turn off anti-aliasing, set to lowest
    resolution not highest. if Oblivion actually causes your computer to crash you probably need to upgrade the cpu/motherboard:(

18. graffik

graffik Regular member

Oh yeah and Make sure your hard drive is defragged

19. dap100

dap100 Member

Alright, i defragged, played with some video settings, and even tweaked .ini a little; but it still crashes. Less that before, but still crashes. Also have horrible FPS on medium video settings. On top of all of that, I spent 3 hours making mods that don't work... Game is really starting to get annoying... (Don't know why it posted previous post 3 times)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  20. mage608

mage608 Member

If the game is crashing at the Mystic Dawn you might try the spellfix i listed above it make the spells look bad but it will hopefully fix your problem