1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Seanohue, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Seanohue

Seanohue Member

Does anybody have something I could test my mod-chip with? Its a DUO3 Gold and I want to see if it's my burner (I'm using Taiyo-Yuden DVD+Rs) or my chip that is causing the DVDs to not boot. The first disk I burned went right to the invalid disk screen, the second one I burned is stuck on a black screen. I think the chip is working; the PS2 stills plays games fine and I am able to disable it (get the DISABLE message when I hold start during bootup). Any ideas?

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

do you booktype your dvd+r?try that first.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if your burner can booktype DVD+R to DVD-Rom then i would do that as some systems just have trouble with DVD+R
    I always stick with DVD-R myself. I always make and burn the back up with DVD Decrypter (or IMGburn if you have the ISO already on your PC). I burn an 8X disc at 4X

What game are you backing up? Try to do a game that no one had any problems with like Medal Of Honor, Prince Of Pursia, The Suffering, GTA 3, or something like that. If you burn it correctly then it should work as long as the chip is working. It could be that the discs are +R, but if you can booktype them then that will go away. You may also want to pick up a small pack (like 3) of Verbatim 8X DVD-R and try those to see.

4. Seanohue

Seanohue Member

Heh, works now. Game was guitar hero 2. Custom songs work great (except for the fact that I suck at em)