1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEST * L1 STILL

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by wre46, Apr 17, 2007.

1. wre46

wre46 Member

OK, I read the last 55 pages of fixes for U99. I have seen the same question asked , but never really answered to the point where I can understand. (may be the Panasonic help desk senerio is catching on)

The unit was reset as the clock is flashing 12:00am

on startup, wheather a soft of hard boot, the unit displays TEST *L1 then goes to U99 and hangs. I cannot even get the unit up long enough to load the new firmware.

What, in simple 1 to 10 steps, fixes the TEST *L1.

2. seanmcgu

seanmcgu Member

Jeez, same here, wre46. I'm at a loss.

Maybe no one's answering your question because the thread is titled "TtEST * L1" and not "TEST * L1?" Just a thought.

Have you found an answer in the meantime?

.....Sean

3. wre46

wre46 Member

I sent mine to get fixed. Still waiting to get it back. looking at $425 for E95 repair.

4. seanmcgu

seanmcgu Member

Thanks, wre46. Wow! That seems like a lot of dough but they ARE really nice machines. A local repair shop (in San Diego) wanted $75 just to look at mine. I think I'll try and swap out the hard drive, turn it on, then put the old one back in, which I've read sometimes solves this problem.

I will update this thread when/if that happens.

Cheers,

.....Sean

5. JVC

JVC Active member

In your Owner's Manual (probably in Troubleshooting pages), it should tell you how to reset the player, to factory settings (the way it was when you bought it). Try that.

I'd just buy another. No way I'd pay that much for a repair. Especially for a Panasonic! (I'm not a Panasonic fan. It's been my experience that Panasonic stuff doesn't last long, considering what it costs). Don't mean to step on any toes though...........
    Good luck!

6. seanmcgu

seanmcgu Member

Well, I just checked with Best Buy where I purchased it and my extended warranty lasts until 2009. Yay! I'll get it back in 2-3 weeks and if they can't fix it, they give me a comparable unit. I wonder what's comparable now?

Thanks to all who replied.