1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing Wiikey?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by steford, Apr 1, 2007.

1. steford

steford Member

Installed mine today and all seemd to go well. Booted up a Wii and GC backup but not an import - so downloaded the setup disk and stuck it on a mini DVD. Failed to see the disk so burned to a fullsize. Still no go. So opened up the Wii again to see a wire loose. Resoldered but again no luck. Opened it up again to see another loose wire which I resoldered. All the soldering looks pretty good and touching a multimeter at the lowest point (ie on the contact) shows a circuit fo all wires although it seems that there's a circuit between several points on the Wiikey and 1 point on the Wii PCB (def no shorts though). Anything else I can try to isolate the problem?

Thanks for the help.

2. steford

steford Member

Any ideas guys before I uninstall and start again - which I fear in case I rip up the pads?

3. djtm00

djtm00 Member

4. steford

steford Member

Hi mate, thanks but like I said both GC and Wii backups worked correctly then stopped working needing, I thought, a resolder. So there's something wrong somewhere - either the Wiikey or a solder or something. Obviously I suspect the soldering but am reluctant to remove and try resoldering in case I damage the PCB.