1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks Flip218

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hellokitt, Oct 25, 2004.

1. hellokitt

hellokitt Member

Well I guess what I need to know is if I already have these programs on my computer:
    click to dvd
    drag and drop CD-dvd
    dvgate plus
    intervideo win dvd 5

Do I really need Nero 6?

Could I just download the DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. And use it with the programs that came with my computer to copy and burn DVD's .

Or is Nero 6 better to Burn and copy DVD's.
    Thanks bunches for all your help.

I think I got riped off on the blank DVD's I brought 50 for like $60.00 bucks. But someone just told me they got 100 for like $50.00 bucks. Need to do better shopping:0)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your welcome ... but you could have just used this thread :)
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/119345

If you just doing dvd backups ... you only need these two programs (DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter).

The Nero Suite is good for alot of things. If you want to backup a backup you can use Nero's disc copy. Also you can use DVD Decrypter w/ Nero's Recode 2 to backup dvds.

Well that does seem a bit high. Also it depends on which brand you buy. I always buy online, mostly through eBay :) I picked up a 100 pack +R 8x Verbatim for I think $82.

I would check newegg.com or rima.com

3. hellokitt

hellokitt Member

Thanks bunches:0) I have been reading a lot on this site and got a lot of info. I think I'm going to keep the Nero 6. I'll let you know how it goes. Peace out for now:0)
    Have a wonderful day!! :0)