1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks, successful copy with 1st try

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yooper54, Nov 11, 2004.

1. yooper54

yooper54 Member

Thanks to everybody in this forum, especially Scuba Pete..your guides were a big help. I was able to download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and burn a disc with no problems. I'm a total newbie at this, so I was surprised when the copied disc played without a hiccup.
    For others new to this site like me, I recommend reading the guides and researching some of the threads..all the info is there if you just look.

One question I do have...I inadvertently downloaded Decrypter with the command to seek an updated version with each launch, is there a way to turn this off or should I delete and download again without the request for updating? Thanks

2. swervin

swervin Regular member

You can change the update thing in DVD Decrypter by clicking on Tools, Settings, Events.

I agree with you on this being a great place with fantastic help. I also agree that every newbie needs to read the Guides and browse some before asking questions. Most times they will find the answer to the question without having to ask. Of course this way it would require a little work on their part. :)

Congrats on your first burn. I had trouble a couple weeks ago and found this site. I learned I had some junk media (Memorex). Bought the good stuff and I'm burning like crazy.

Mike

3. yooper54

yooper54 Member

Thanks swervin...by the way what media are you using?

4. swervin

swervin Regular member

I'm using Ritek Ridata Branded GO4 4X DVD-R right now. I also tried some Maxell's that worked great too. I bought the Maxell disks at Wal-Mart. I burned around 10 disks with the Maxell's and no coasters. I figure I got lucky with the Maxell media because most of the well known makers use several different disk manufactuers I believe.

The Ridata Branded disks are one of the best out there and cheaper than the well known brand. I paid $12.50 shipped (free shipping) for 25 from http://www.blank-cd-cdr.com/riribrgo4dv.html

Mike

5. mimans21

mimans21 Member

you don't need amazing disc. i make copies with kypermedia and it works fine