1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Backwards Flashing Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ni7ewing, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ni7ewing

ni7ewing Regular member

Hey guys, I've had a flashed lite-on drive for quite a while now and used it twice; it's been sitting in a box in the basement for months.

My friend just got the classic RRoD and is on the hunt for a replacement machine.

Is there an easy way to unflash the door-stop so I can just give it to him to use AND play online without risk of a ban.

We would love to end up with an unmodded x-box.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Yeah, you can flash it back to stock. It's the same process as flashing it with LT+, except you use the stock firmware instead of the modded firmware.

3. ni7ewing

ni7ewing Regular member

Damn, I don't have that info., I didn't do the original flash.

I was wondering if I did a USB System Update if that would restore everything, but was afraid that was TOO easy.

Is there a quick and dirty way?

4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Some people are getting an error when trying to update a flashed console with the new dashboard, which also flashes the drive back to stock. It recognises that the 360 has been modified and throws up an error. You can try it if you want to, cos I believe you can recover from it if you get that error, but it's at your own risk!

You can download the original firmware off the web, so all you need to do is dump your key, inject that into the OG firmware, then flash the console with it - basically, the exact same thing you would do when flashing it with LT+, just that you're using the original firmware instead.

5. ni7ewing

ni7ewing Regular member

Well if htat error is recoverable I might try that first. It's quickest.

6. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Doing that may well flag the console for a ban at the same time though. Do some more research before you jump in, cos I only know about the error because I read about it on Xbox-Scene where numerous people got it and some recovered from it, but I don't know what consequence the error has in terms of the console being banned.

I would recommend flashing it back to stock first, updating the dashboard, then giving it to your friend. If you do anything but that, it's all at your own risk.