1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bannings start again - "Microsoft Starts New Ban Wave on LIVE Against Modified Firmwares"

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mjfouline, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

well guys the banhammer just droped

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

On who? what firmware? how many? Can you give me answers. Im just trying to be careful.

3. 360kid

360kid Member

seriously give details

4. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

ok i got a MS25 with iextreme 1.2

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  5. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

ohh pooop. I have a hitachi 78 w/ ixtreme from firmware toolbox 4.0 but still not banned. How about games.. do you use a kreon drive?

6. theridges

theridges Guest

Microsoft Starts New Ban Wave on LIVE Against Modified Firmwares
    >> We don't have a lot of information yet (it just started, but we try to warn you all as early as possible), but it looks like Microsoft started a new wave of bans against modified DVD firmwares or DVD+/-R DL discs.
    Several users on our forums and on IRC report their Xbox 360 has been banned from LIVE today. We get reports of Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives banned with both Xtreme and even the latest iXtreme firmwares. However we also see reports of people who are currently on LIVE and have no been banned (yet). No reports of banned BenQ drives yet (but few of these drives have been flashed yet).
    We don't know yet if Microsoft is detecting the modified firmware or the discs (or maybe only with a specific game?).
    If you have the 'Z Code' 8015-190D it means you are banned.
    If your console is banned or if you have been playing on LIVE today with modified FW without getting banned, report you findings in this thread (include at least your live status, full drive model and firmware version used).

So until we have more info we HIGHLY suggest you don't log in to Xbox LIVE and don't play any games from DVD+/-R DL (even offline, incase MS flags something) if you have a flashed DVD drive.

Discuss this news item on our forums: forums.xbox-scene.com

Spread News: (PermaLink) - (Digg) - (Netscape) - (del.icio.us) - (Slashdot) - (Technorati)
    (Tuesday 20 November 2007 21:50 EST) - (Category: Xbox360) - (Posted by:: XanTium)

go to this link they are stating drives as we speak...
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=630440
    im running Hitachi 59D - Ixtreme 1.2 (not banned just checked)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2007
  7. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

is this really true, because i have a samsung dvd drive flashed with iextreme. when i go on to xbox live from the dashboard, i can stil play backup games.. but i dont play games online because my xbox 360 gold account has been expired. so is it okay if i signed on with my xbox live but dont play games online?

8. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

no don't sign in ever backup no backup. gold silver. Just don't do it. go a week without xbox. we hopefully will make some nice discoveries by then. trust me 1 week or $300 just do the week.

9. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

lol, o man i just read the forum on the other site.. some people are talking about their xbox 360 got banned. this is serious stuff, good thing i found this out now and now i am fully aware of it. i just unplugged my ethernet cable so i dont care if i can go on to xbox live because i happen to not like to play xbox live games.. i prefer single player so it doest really make a big difference for me.

10. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

yeah but its always nice to have.... right.

11. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

well ya, but there arent any good games that i can go online to play xbox live.. anyway i have a question in relating to xbox ban. lets say i get banned, wil i stil be able to play single player games using backups? or the ban completely lock ur system so u cant play backups games either single player or xbox live?

12. ekim512

ekim512 Guest

bans will not harm your console, just make you unable to connect to live

13. pigpen75

pigpen75 Member

Bleep! I have a T-S drive flashed w/ ixtreme 1.2. I have not been able to get on LIVE today. I thought it was maybe my connection of LIVE maintenence so I thought I would check this site for help. I have not played any backups in over a week. Just H3 and Madden 08 originals and when I went to play on LIVE today it won't work. I figured something would come up that said I was banned, but I have seen nothing. It just won't let me play online.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  14. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Damn hopefully I dont get banned,i have always disconnected my wifi adapter from my 360 when i play by backups.I hope they cant detect it :(

15. theridges

theridges Guest

i play onlive everyday with nothing but back-ups and have yet to be detected so who knows...
    but im not turning my 360 on till they find out exactly what m$ is detecting this time around..

16. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

@theridges - have you played cod4 on live and what drive are you using?

guys who have been banned, can you list which drive, what firmware and such you have been using to so we can all try to figure out some better educated guessed of what's going on?

17. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

I'm really new to this guys....but would that include someone who just replaced a DVD-ROM with no firmware enhancements at all just a straight replacement, meaning that I got the Key from my old busted drive and put it on my new drive?

18. xvillain

xvillain Member

Would microsoft be able to find out that the xbox was modded even after u restore its original firmware?

19. theridges

theridges Guest

yes i played it today lol...before the bans happened
    hitachi 59D - Ixtreme 1.2

20. addflash

addflash Member

Guys dont do anything like reverting to your original firmware or upgrading to new firmware,just leave it as it,if your still not banned then just unplug your ethernet cable or wireless dongle and wait for smart guys to make something useful.It was my personal experience last time when i was survived from banning for a weak awhile but then i did stupid thing i reverted to original firmware,then next day i was banned :)