1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best and easyest way to burn dvd's 100%

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by justinwb, Sep 3, 2004.

1. justinwb

justinwb Member

You only need 3 program and your done a 100% dvd copy from dvd copy single layer and dual layer

the 3 programs are with the right version numbers too

DVDDecrypter 2.4
    PowerDVD version 5
    InterVideo DVDCopy 1.2b YOU must restart after install

if you get any other new version other then the ones I said you start to get problems

steps
    1.open PowerDVD run movie for 5 to 10 seconds so that the protection will get bypassed.

2. close and open DVDDecrypter 2.4
    (muke sure you dont take out dvd till this has finshed)
    do full rip select all (can do the movie only but no point as you will see)

3. once dvd has copyed to hard drive open InterVideo DVDCopy 1.2b (not new version it's CRÄP)

change the souce to the video_ts folder place blank dvd in dvd burner and change dvd movie name if u like and press burn

single layer takes about 4 to 15 mins for 8 to 16 x dvd burners

dual layer takes 20 to 45 mins works on your pc speeds
    I got a amd 64 bit with 1,000 ddram
    mind you for dual layer convets and burns one after the other so no need for a 2 step job:)

I been using this version and programs for the last year and a bit and i copyed over about 200 dvd's out of that about 10 stuffed up casue of computer restarts loaded to much up other thigns like that

now there are a few things you have to do when you convert
    try not to run any thing on your pc's like other programs like games movies and thign like the downloads and winamp and cool cause that's what I do.

want any help e.g. getting hands on the programs (full version)

email is in profile

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]JustinwB[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

An Easier method:

Download lastest DVD Decrypter (It's a powerful software that is always updated) and DVDfab (Not free but at least the guy from ifoedit is there and again is often updated) and any good quality DVD Program (Like PowerDVD 5 as you described)

First: Check disc capacity against what you need (Will the movie fit without the extra audio streams, Subtitles that you may not need onto a single DVD recordable? - In some cases YES in longer movies NO.

Recommended: Rip DVD in ISO with MDS File to Hard Disk First, Mount ISO with Nero or suitable software.

IF YOU: Want all menus and everything that was on the original disc (Minus CSS protection and optional regional encoding) - Use DVDFAB - It will professionally split your source disc into 2 DVD R. or better still use MDS file to make a 1:1 Dual Layer.

What If: Source DVD can fit onto a single DVD R (There are thousands) with optional Stream removal, I don't need the extra languages etc.. . Use DVDFAB or SHRINK, I would use FAB because it will rip and correct the chapter info automatically without compression.

Step 3. Burn DVD and Enjoy but remember that Your Copy is for Back up only.
    [​IMG]

3. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

4. justinwb

justinwb Member

there no point cause your way you have to use 2 dvd's this way only 1 dvd is needed and u dont lose any thing out of the dvd
    it's a 1:1 copy menus movie everything gets copyed over

the new DVD Decrypter I fould that some movies if would skip parts of it. if it could not read the dvd , older version makes you try and clean the disc so it dont jump at all

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't know why you guys are working so hard at this. DVDShrink does all that in one program. Decrypts, rips, compresses to fit 1 blank disc, and lets you edit out junk if you need to. Only other thing you need is a burning program like Nero or Decrypter to finish the job. The main idea here is to end up with a playable dvd copy. If your system works, thats great. But you do seem to be working at it more than necessary.

Jerry

6. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

JustinwB,

It's worth reading what I have written before you reply. (Maybe it's the English could be better but i'm sure your heart is :,) - Side abjective view.

Dual Layer media is soooo expensive and I own a DL burner and still have to to resort to Regular dvd r to make my backup. But if the tried and tested method is used, the most of the time DVD backup is easily within the grab of most AND i'm not a fan of re Authoring or extra compression.

[​IMG]

7. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hi Jerry746,

You too my friend seem to suffer from 'Reply before reading' syndrome! well! I'm sure your heart is in the right place too.

No disrespect but after trying many ways I don't think Shrink is the way to DVD back up heaven! In my tests this wonderful software has trouble with some DVD's..mostly overcome once the DVD is truly ripped in ISO with MDS with DDecrypter and that is if you want to COMPRESS/RE Author...No Thanks!!!

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Why do you assume he didn't read what you wrote? Because he disagrees? Most people don't want to split a disc. I personally do split bigger ones, but that still puts me in the minority. I don't have a problem with your method - to each their own - but there is no ultimate way to copy a DVD, besides maybe dual layer recordables. Even then, there are people like me who would still add some steps. Each person has their own preferences, and as it happens, Jerry's method is probably the most popular. There are probably people who are using that method that would prefer yours (or justinwb's) but there are probably a lot more who wouldn't change anything.

I don't understand why people feel they have to tell everyone else what they should prefer. It's not as though everyone in the world has the same criteria for what the "best way" is.

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Manu_DVD, It seems you don't read. I stated if your system works for you, then stay with it. If your dvd copies play in your machines, then stay with it. There is nothing wrong with SPLITTING a dvd on to 2 discs. Thats the old way of doing things before compression programs came along. Many like vurbal stated still do it. Its really up to each person how they want to copy dvd's. I wan't trying to force my system on you, just saying there are better ways of doing it.

Jerry

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You stated that you don't think Shrink is the best way. That's fine but don't get lippy if other people don't agree.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  11. justinwb

justinwb Member

thanks for all your guys replying

the main point I was getting at with the dual layers is a lot fo people are still useing 2 dvd's when only 1 is needed i know that dual layer dvd's are out i got a dual layer burner there great for data but for movies there no need for it yet

I recommand that ou try it out and I'm sure you will say the way that I found out is very easy and does look great and works with only 1 dvd per dvd movie that's why it's a 1:1 copy

JustinwB

12. vurbal

It's not a 1:1 copy though. It may have all the content that the original will, but a 1:1 copy is also the same size as the original. That's not my point though. Best is a matter of personal judgement, and for that matter so is easiest. People notice different flaws in a compressed backup. Flaws that don't bother you might stand out as unacceptable for me, and no doubt the reverse would be true as well. I'm not saying I wouldn't like your method, but I am saying I have my own that I already like, and in my case being easy isn't a consideration because I enjoy the challenge of the extra effort and knowledge required to get the results I want. If I want to keep everything on a disc I'll split it, and that doesn't bother me. Obviously that's not your preference, but that just proves my point.

13. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Here's yet another opinion.
    dvd decrypter in file mode to rip
    Pinnacle instant copy version 8, in main movie mode
    with compression settings set to high quality for the compression and burning.
    Awesome picture and sound quality with this method.
    On a standard tv, I don't think you could tell the difference between the original and the backup.
    Of course you don't get all the menus and other garbage, but I never watch that stuff anyway's.

14. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hey Folks!

It seems that some of you took me the wrong way and started getting hot headed. First off I am not forcing my method on anybody and like the guy said I enjoy the extra effort to acheive the best result. If you can copy a DVD with menus and everything that is on the Original (Without) compression or re-authoring (That is my point) then the obvious best choice outside of dual layer recordables is to split the original into 2 DVD R's..
    Compressing onto one DVD is in my opinion not worth it anymore.
    a) it takes toooooo long b) DVD recordables are cheaper than ever before..
    Aside from that you'd be surprised at the amount of DVD's that fit snuggley on a DVD R that can be ripped with some stream tidying... and like all of you agree: Everyone has their own idea - Good day.
    [​IMG]

15. michigan

michigan Guest

Manu,

what discs did you have a problem with using Shrink? I am trying to compile a list of movies from people on the forums that Shrink cannot crack by itself (with no other programs to help) and have a grand total of 1. Let me know.

16. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

Hey michigan,

I Usually don't use shrink to rip (rather I prefer to rip with Decrypter an ISO to the HD and work from there). There is hardly a DVD to mention that I have had a problem with but I can tell you 'Gothika' Region 2 (A Columbia RED DVD disc For sale and for rent in Germany right now) refused to rip after aprrox 10% with Shrink and Decypter. I actually tried another disc only to encounter the same problem´(Which was read errors). and tested the DVD Rip process on 3 Pc's!

The Source discs themselfs looked new and I have had no trouble ripping these 'Red' Dvd's before so it could be a Manufacturing error (but The source dvd playback flawlessly) or maybe an experimental new encryption process sneaking in? who knows. In over 4 yrs of backing up, this is the only DVD that give me a big headache! In the end I could not back the disc up. :(

The German rental of 29 Palms also ripped kind of eratic with shrink, showing up skips and out of snyc on the finished ISO. Also a friend sent me a non encrypted DVD of Folk Singer Christy Moore, The backup(ISO Mounted from HD) showed eratic signs in skipping also.

But this fine software works great nonetheless the majority of times I use it. - If ur the author or connected to it. 2 Thumbs up.

17. empirejon

empirejon Member

Now I know there must be tones of people out there wondering this. Where do I get DVD movies that aren't out yet on DVD format? Now I know you can get movies that aren't out yet in the video store at like mirc, Direct connect, LimeWire, Kazaa etc... But are these the movies that i see so many people burning and selling around my neighbourhood? And if so I noticed that they come usually in 2 parts cd1 and cd2 in like mpeg format or avi format. Do I need to download these and transfer them to VCD to play on my DVD player? Or maybe this is not it at all because if i did that would they not have any menues and special features etc.. I see some people in my area they sell DVD's that are still in the theatre or just got out of the theatre and they look real like all the menues features etc.. So where do we find these? Somebody must know here, please help me............

18. vurbal

What does that have to do with copying a DVD?

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

20. harrycrum

harrycrum Guest

the best way to back up an original dvd is to use any dvd with clone dvd the any dvd will eliminate the copywrite and clone dvd will backup the oringnal and automatically compress to fit on a 4.7 gig disk