1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best DVD burning software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by madmax123, Apr 19, 2003.

1. madmax123

madmax123 Guest

I have a sony DRU-500A, and the software that came with it either burns the movie upside down or will only let me put me 45 minutes of video on it. I was wondering if u guys could tell me what you were using, and how good it works.I was thinking about getting Roxio Dvd creator 6.0 is this any good ???
    Thanks in advance

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you want to backup dvd movies with it, then get DVD2ONE! or DVDXCopy! DVD2ONE will copy just the movie with great quality or the entire disk with acceptable quality and DVDXcopy, will have excellent quality and burns to 2 disks!

3. madmax123

madmax123 Guest

I dont want to back up movies like every one else is doing. The movies that i want to burn I download off of kazaa.Right now i have 6 perfect quality DVD movies that i got off kazaa. And i need something to burn them with because everything else i have tried always burned upside down, failed half way through, or just doesnt work.
    Plese help

4. Dela

Well they would have to be re-encoded for DVD and then burned! However the quality wont improve, it will drop so, the best thing to do would be to just create a vcd/svcd instead!

5. madmax123

madmax123 Guest

Well i just spent 300 and some odd dollars on the DVD burner and i dont want to waste my money. And i know they have to be re-encoded, and the software that came with it does that for you, but its does it upside down, because its Xvid, or it wont let me put the whole movie on. I could also use a good, and free avi to Mpeg program if any of you know of any.

Thanks

6. Dela

TMPGEnc!

7. stryfe01

stryfe01 Member

use www.avi-vcd.com (can convert to vcd, dvd and svcd) if you need to reencode. i reommend dazzle dvd complete if you plan to record to dvd with menus. dont use the dazzle engine to burn, just to make the image and then record with recordnow max latest.