1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the best dvd to use to downlad movies

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dallasvic, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

can anyone tell me the best disk to copy movies I have downloaded on . Ones that will last.With good pic and sound.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. wgd9891

wgd9891 Member

taiyo yuden is best. then comes verbatim which you can get on sale sometimes like 50 for $13. Any media which is made in japan is good quality. an exception to this is the Sony (made in taiwan) dvd+r i've been using that is very very good quality. Also Verbatim DVD+/-R media that is made in taiwan is of exceptional quality. Then there is Maxell made in japan that is very good too.

Stay far away from store brands like Memorex, Nexxtech, Dynex etc. They are not very reliable in the long run.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Verbatim and Genuine Taiyo Yuden- Top 2

Along with those 2 are the Hitachi Maxells,but you'll have to look for Made in Japan on the outer shrink wrappers to find the spindles/packs that are made by Hitachi.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

also the original question of
    I would use an RW disk for downloaded video or files! The reason: sometimes the files are corrupt and I don't want to waste a good DVD! I use Sony +RWs which code out to RICOHJPNs! Not bad quality at all! then if I really want to keep it I will copy my +RW disk to a Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim disk.