1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best & fastest way to copy a DVD to 4.37Gb in OSX

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by RED_BULL, Aug 31, 2004.

1. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

FOR 2 YEARS I'VE USED DVDBACKUP TO COPY DVDS AND DVD2ONEX TO SMALL THEM.I HAVE COPIED OVER 100 DVDS.BUT IVE FOUND BETTER PROGRAMS,THIS ARE SLOW PROGRAMS IN COMPARISION WITH THESE NEW PROGRAMS:
    DVDBACKUP IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SOME DISKS.THIS IS NORMAL BECAUSE THE LADEST UPDATE FROM THIS PROGRAM IS END 2002.WITH DVD2ONEX I CANT HAVE SUBS IF I SELECT ONLY THE MOVIE TO SMALL.THATS WHY I SELECT FULL DISKIMAGE,AND RATIO:CONSTANT.THIS IS GOOD QUALITY BUT IT CAN BE BETTER.AND FASTER.NOW I FOUND THE BEST SOLUTION TO COPY FAST AND WITH VERY GOOD QUALITY.THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO: (i have a g4 933mhz 1,4gb ram)

COPY THE DVD WITH MACTHERIPPER 2.0
    (make sure that fulldiskextraction is selected)
    time:for a 7gb dvd:30min.
    (with dvdbackup its 1 hour)

THEN USE DVDREMASTER 1.4 TO COMPRESS IT
    for a very good quality,even better than dvd2onex,select M2VRequantiser and quality on best(slow)
    then select the audiofiles,all the english ones of course.thats it.
    time:for a 7gb dvd:30min.
    (with dvd2onex its 1 hour)

THATS IT,THEN BURN IT WITH TOAST 6
    make sure you import video and audio_ts file to dvd-rom (udf)
    time:55 min.

all together it takes only 2 hours,and that with a g4 933mhz

2. Pinochio

Pinochio Member

Why did you type the whole first part in CAPITALS it makes you look like moron. In addition to this, your grammar is terrible. On the posistive side though, your advice is sound. In the future you should lay off of the caps lock.

3. samintx

samintx Regular member

Thanks for your Mac ripping experience. I'm going to try it as compared to FastDVDcopy which I bought discounted. Have you tried it? I wish there was someway of secting what you wanted to record in that program.

Otherwise I really love 321Studio DVDXpress on the PC. It is the best!

Pinoc: You can say All Caps are a no no in a much nicer way. Maybe that is a "man" thing but just tell someone it is difficult to read and try paragraphs and NO ALL CAPS except for emphasis.

4. Londor

Londor Guest

Rules are quite clear and you should read them before posting (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487)

9. No ALL CAPS MESSAGES or you will be banned (you know, turn the caps lock off before you type anything).

5. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Samintx,yes i tried fastdvdcopy but it takes a long time to copy a dvd,small it and then to burn it.After all its very good quality but i cant save it on my harddisk.and i tried then another dvd to copy but when he compressed it it says first 80min.,after a time it was 110min.and there was never an end.So i stopped it.But im sure mactheripper and dvdremaster is the best for mac,and fast.

6. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

AND you need for fastdvdcopy minimum 17gb on your harddisk!!!

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Don't make have to edit another ALL CAPS thread title agin RED_BULL please (or I might have to pop a cap in your a$$).

8. samintx

samintx Regular member

Well, I don't have any HD problems. There have been a couple of miss ques with Fast copy but all in all I'm happy with the program. Sometimes it will copy something when DVDXpress screws up.

I like one stop DVD dups. I don't like to have to baby sit. Put the disk in and click once walk off and do the ironing or dishes....

That is why I like both FastDVDcopy and on the pc DVDxPress.

Thanks for your comments and experiences