1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the best modchips out...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dvdps2, Jun 5, 2004.

1. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Hi,
    I haven't been here for awhile. Awhile ago the best modchips out were the DMS v2. Now i see there's a v9. I was thinking about gettin a premodded one, but i've seen on ebay ps2 for like $100 or less. So i figure, i'll just buy one and then send it in for installition. What's the best way to go? What's good chip. My burner is dvd-r. Thanks for your reply.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I would recommend that you just buy a new PS2 as how they are now only $149.99 US w/Network Adapter. Older PS2's have trouble reading some brands of blank media and the lasers often wear out. Once you get your PS2 identify which version you have before buying the mod chip of your choice that way you know you're getting the right one. Magic V, DMS3, and Matrix are all excellent choices although DMS3 is a bit more difficult to install.

3. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Thanks for your reply it's helps a lot. Should i get a DMS3 v2 or DMS v9? Also what version ps2 do i need to get? Thanks for your reply.

4. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Also, do u know a good, cheap, reliable place to send in a ps2 to get it modded? Thanks

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The version of DMS chip you will need to get is determined by which version of PS2 you end up getting. That why I told you before to buy your new PS2 first, identify which version it is, then buy the correct DMS chip. The DMS3 v9 is for v9 and v10 PS2's only and the DMS3 v2 is for PS2 versions 1-8.