1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Model?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Hardball, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

whats up? im thinking about buying a PS3 and i wanna know which is the best model to get? i know that the new 40 GB model that just came out but it does it really match up to the 60 and 80 GB. if i do decide to buy a PS3 which would be the Best model to get? Thanks

p.s what are some of the features that you get on the Best model that you don't get on the other?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

60 gb is the best one. I am sure everyone will agree.

1) Best backwards compatibility (compared to 80 gb software emulated & 40 gb which has none)
    2) Wifi (as compared to 20 gb)
    3) Memory card slots (as compared to 20 gb)

Basically it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

i would say the 60 gb aswell for the backwards compatibility

4. eternalis

eternalis Regular member

Sure the 60GB is better due to its backwards compatibility, but there's a reason that Sony discontinued it :D The new 40GB models have better wifi (as in better signal strength etc), and also newer bluetooth hardware. Also the Cell in the 40GB has been manufactured using the 65nm process as opposed to the old 90nm process so its more efficient and uses less power. The 40Gb is also alot quieter.

So if you don't care about backwards compatibility, I recommend you get the 40GB. If you do care about backwards compatibility then get the 60GB. Do not get the 80GB as its not worth it (it has limited B/C)- it would be better to buy a 60GB and upgrade the hard drive yourself.

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

The 60gb ps3 doesnt make any noise anyway so its hardly going to be a lot quieter

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Exactly, while the power consumption is "better" that really has no bearing on which one is best and being used for what it is intended.