1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best software to convert Movies to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SerpPsych, Feb 26, 2005.

1. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi everyone,

i came here many times asking about a software that can convert DivX XviD AVI or any type of movies to a DVD folder that is ready to be copied, now, after i checked the guides and lost my hair reading and applying everything written there, i finally have a software that does this with one click, making the movie as exactly as the original source, (4:3 to 4:3 or 16:9 to 16:9) and with the best quality and the most fast time there is, 2 hours !! and guess what?! the maximum size i reached with a movie of 3 hours was only 2 Gb. NICE !!

i will post the software on this website soon, and it's for free, no crack need it no serial no nothing, but i really need to understand one thing here, i need a very expert answer !! now the folder is ready to be copied to a DVD disk, but i want to add subtitles of 4 languages on it, no menus needed, i can make menus using the TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6, but i need to know how to make subtitles for this dvd and added to the DVD folder, i tried the IFOEdit, you can't just convert SUP subtitles to VOB or IFO Files, and then just copy and paste to the folder, i need something so simple to convert the SUP files to DVD subpictures files and then copy-paste them to the VIDEO_TS folder. any ideas !??
    PS: don't tell me to use DVD Shrink or anything like that, i tried !!

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

i would of said ifoedit, but you say you tried it? i would post on there forum for help useing it for that the maker is there too DERROW...

BUT! BUT ! BUT! i would love to know the software you used to convert and get the 2 gig 3 hour movie! please

thx...

edit...

is this what your looking for???

http://www.shipleys.eclipse.co.uk/srt2sup.htm

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  4. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

Thank you guys for answering back, anyway, i didn't get the right answer here ,, but Rotary, you might be right, since everyone i asked recommended IFOEdit, and after searching on the internet, it always leads me to IFOEdit, so please help me here, i will explain what's my problem, i already have a VIDEO_TS folder ready to be burned, which means my movie is already in a vob and ifo forms, now, i have the subtitles in SUP format, 4 different subtitles, all ready to be copied, but, when i send the folder to nero to burn it on a dvd disk, it doesn't accept the SUP files, so i need to convert them into a subpicture form, so nero will accept them and burn them on the disk, and be able to play them while watching the movie,so, if you can send me a way of doing this using ifo edit, please do, but remember, the folder video_ts is ready, so, there is no m2v movie file, or ac3 audio file or anything, just to convert the SUP files to subpictures can be played with the movie successfully.

now, the software i was telling you about which is so great in converting any type of file movies to dvd folder on your hard disk and ready to be burned is called DivXToDVD Version 0.4.7, like i said before, it's amazing and for free, and you don't need to do anything or change the settings of anything, just select the source file and select the target folder, and press convert, it does everything by it self, so don't do anything else. i hope you will like it, and if you can't find it, send me on the email
    serpent_psychic@yahoo.com and i will attach it for you.

please help with the ifoedit, and don't send me guides, i've read them all, i need your experience..

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

6. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

Hi there

thanx for the tip about copying subtitles Rotary, it worked good, but on the computer only!! i tried to play the movie using my DVD player but it said no disc, so any ideas why? although it works perfectly on my DVD writer, does it have anything to do with the type of DVD disks if it's R+ or R- ??? what are these things anyway !?
    and something else! i copied the movie using nero ultra edition, is there a possible way to choose the region type of the disk ?!?

how is it going using the software i sent ya !? any comments ?!

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

morning all

software? can you refresh me memory i just got up....

um what you did seems ok! it may be the discs not reconized? or the burning was wrong?

were all files were put in a folder VIDEO_TS ? + format is less compatible than - i always use - on ritek...

8. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi rotary,

well, the copying seemed fine to me, since there was no error msgs by nero, the burning process was successful, and i did copy all the files into the directory VIDEO_TS, and as i said before, it worked perfectly on the Nero Show and i could navigate between the subtitles, it's just the damn player couldn't recognize the disk, which brings me to this, i understand that when u lable the DVD disk, either u lable it right or some players can't read it, how true is that ? and the player i use now is kind of old, since i live with my mother in law lately, so it's not a fansy thing, i'm sure my sony player will read it, but i have to wait to check that whenever i'm back to my country :)m also i would like to mention that i copy on DVD(-R) LG disks 4.7Gb ..

the software i told you about is called DiVXtoDVD v4.7.1 , the one that convert your divx, xvid, avi, mpeg, bla bla bla, to dvd with high quality and with short time and small size !! cause that's what i use now officially to convert all my divx movies that i download, it's really something..

so .. if you have any idea .. please !!

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

oh yes divxtodvd!

ok, it pionts as you know to dvd player and the disc label, disc labels make it spin out of true. but i think it usally try to load some sort of picture? it just jumps i suppose?

has any of your discs worked on this player? got any mates you can try the disc at theres????

if you have had discs working then its the media...

all this you probably know though...

if it sort of plays you can use nero on different settings for compatibilty!

[​IMG]

10. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi serpPsych please note, the link I gave you was to the VSO web site where, you could have got an updated version of the software. The version you're writing about is out of date.

regards gringle.

11. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi Gringle

thanx for the note, i know that there is a newer version and the one i have has ran out of date, but it's still working for me, and in order to download the new version, i need to have a credit card and buy it through the net, which i don't like to do lol, since the one i have is free, and i don't want to start to look for a crack and stuff like that, i have other ways to make software working since i'm a programmer :)
    but thanx anyway ..

12. Gringle

Gringle Guest

the updated conversion tool is still free.

(shakes head leaves stage muttering)

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2005
  13. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi gringles,

the version i have is 0.5.0, i checked for other updates and there is no newer version, there are some other software and u need to buy them ...

14. Gringle

Gringle Guest

And only yesterday 3/3 you were singing the praises of 4.7.1
    the software i told you about is called DiVXtoDVD v4.7.1 , the one that convert your divx, xvid, AVI, mpeg, bla bla bla, to dvd with high quality and with short time and small size !! cause that's what i use now officially to convert all my divx movies that i download, it's really something..

From the VSO download site as of now

latest Version
    CopyToDVD 3.0.45
    BlindWrite 5.2.10
    VSO PhotoDVD 1.0.4
    VSO DivXToDVD 0.4.9
    Others...

Seems I missed out on version 5.0 lolo :}

gringle

15. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

Hey Girngles,

i'm laughing here :)

i keep on writing 4.7.1 and there is no such version for DivXtoDVD, i just got confused with another software lol :)
    anyway i'm glad that i told u about the newest version 0.5.0 :)

sorry for the misunderstanding :)

16. Gringle

Gringle Guest

You're the only one with the 5.O??????

I'm still using 0.4.9 :)

gringle

17. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi gringles,

i guess i am .. but anyway ...
    let me ask u something ..
    it seems u copy DVD movies .. so did u every copy a movie with menu that can also play subtitles ?!

18. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Recently: Crouching tiger hidden dragon,and the house of flying daggers. I had them on CD avi.

I put them in the DVD rom, created a movie named shortcut to the desktop, used divxToDVD burned with Shrink/nero
    No compression

No problems at all

gringle

19. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi gringles

that's nice, but, here is the situation, let's say you downloaded AVI movie from the internet, then you downloaded subtitles and you want to create menus that play the movie, choose chapters and subtitles, and then copy it to a dvd disk, when u insert in the DVD player, it loads the main menu, then from there u choose to navigate between the sub menus and choose subtitles and stuff like that, then play it and everything is fine !!

what do u do to make that happen !?

20. Gringle

Gringle Guest

look script kiddy,

it's no good changing the question, if yer don't like the answer.

Question/quote

. so did u every copy a movie with menu that can also play subtitles ?!

Answer

yes I downloaded a whole movie sub titles included.

by that very fact I have fufilled the criteria of your,
    question.

Now I'm sure somewhere inside your imagination is some-one, who will rise to great glory within the computer world...until then...

... kiddy go play in the playground

and leave us grown ups in peace.

gringle