1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best software

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by honsbeek, Mar 19, 2005.

1. honsbeek

honsbeek Member

Hi,

What is the best software out there for putting Avi's on a DVD5 or DVD9 , I tried using Nero Vision Express , is there anything better you wish to recommend to me ??

thank you very much
    Ralph

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

VSO puts out some very good apps so you may want to give DivxToDVD a whirl :)

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I find for the Best Quality and best Looking DVD"s that useing a Good Quality Standalone Mpeg encoder and a Good DVD authoring program will produce the Best quality compared to one of those all in One Encodeing and Authoring Solutions like "NVE" or "Ulead DVD Movie Factory" or "Sonic MyDVD"....

I use AVISynth to Frameserve to either CCE SP 2.70 or to Canopus Procoder and encode to Mpeg-2/DVD and I use "Sony Vegas Video v5.0" to encode the Audio to Dolby AC3 Sterio or 5.1 and then use "DVDLab Pro" to author the Files to DVD with Motion Menu"s and Chapters and scene selections with custom audio Tracks for the Menu"s and I get Great Results .....
    I have also been trying out "Sonic DVD Producer 5.0" which is another great DVD authoring program and it is easy to use But I still Find DVDLab pro and Better program.....

Cheers