1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the beta

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mikeismad, May 16, 2007.

1. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i read on bungie that there was a slight delay and that they hope to have it fixed shortly, but has anyone been able to download the beta from the crackdown menu yet?

2. jonbest

jonbest Member

Will be downloading it shortly.

Incidently can anyone confirm if they "know" anyone that has succesfully used a backup of Crackdown to play the beta and also whether or not they had the "jitter-fix" firmware.

This doesn't apply to me as i've had my official Crackdown for months now but it does interest me greatly.

3. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

i have no clue when this beta will be up or ill be outside bungie studios with about 40 million other people throwing stuff at them

im using the crack down too is there another way to get this working possibly

thanks

4. jonbest

jonbest Member

Just tried it now and no luck. There is news on the Bungie site. Just says that people are working on the problem and seems they have been for the last 5-6 hours :(

5. darko81

darko81 Member

How gay is this, spend 40 bucks on an average game really just for the Halo 3 Beta then wait fricken ages just for it not to work...brill...is anyone able to play the beta??

6. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

this is gay i still cant get on yet i want to get on in like the next hour or im going to be really pissed and call on some higher athourty like God

7. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

WHEN WILL THIS BE UP :(..........

8. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

is this delay really "slight"? is it up yet for crackdown users?

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i just tried again and still no go on the download

10. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

Well that's just terrible ..... I heard if u were to "borrow" (recover it on your xbox) someone's gamertag that has the beta(from the 3 play rule or something), you can download it yourself. Then just sign back in to your gamertag after download and you'll have it.
    I haven't tried it because not everyone is willing to share, but can somone confirm this? If you know someone who has it...give it a try. I'm not really sure though.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, people are just all over this Halo 3 beta thing. How can everyone get so worked up over this. It happen with Beta's.

(now her is were everyone gets pissed off)
    and it is not like Halo 3 is going to be some revolutional game, I mean Halo 1 was almost revolutionary (well to those who did not own PC games that is) when it came out. Halo 2 was virtually like playing the same game over again with a slightly different story. And i expect about the same thing from Halo 3. It will have a few added goodies, a slightly different story line, and surely better graphics and gameplay due to the next gen console. But i do not think in any way shape or form that it will be a groundbreaking game like some of the games due later this year like Shadowrun.

But i see it this way, people were making Halo style games long before Halo every came along. Look at Half-Life (NOV 1998) for instance. Revolutionary PC game. In my opinion better than Halo (NOV 2001) every will be. 3 current installments with 2 more in the making. The game that also spawned the ground breaking FPS game of our time, Counter Strike. Not a huge CCS fan myself but i can recognize that for it's time it was something like no other game out there and it set the PC gaming world on fire. Now that would be a game worth getting worked up over.

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

im not so worked up over it, i just want to try the game out, im not going to spend the entire 24 days of the beta period playing it. but i have to contradict you, and no im not starting an argument but the main thing that set halo 2 apart from halo 1 was the fact that you had online multiplayer, and in that sense it was a revolutionary game. no other game in xbox live history has had the amount of players and the amount of games played online that halo 2 has.

but on the same note i started on, microsoft says that it will be 24 hours before we can expect the halo 3 beta for download through the crackdown menu.

13. steimy

steimy Active member

no, it was not meant to start a fight. Just one mans opinion.
    Sure, Halo is a huge online game. More players daily then most. And i think it is highly due to that fact that people are modding it. Modding weapons, maps and so on. It makes it very aluring. I am not saying it is a bad game, i just don't think it is a great game.

But what makes me very suspicious about his whole deal is how only people accessing it through Crackdown are effected by this "delay"
    If i was a modder with a back up copy or fashed drive, i would be very cautious about this so called delay. Not saying anything will happen, just that MS can be sneaky like that.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes that is a good point but im not too worried about it.

has anyone heard anything new about it?

15. darko81

darko81 Member

last i heard is that they have found the problemo and are now fixing it...shud be up in about 3 hours time...

16. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

is the BETA only going to be in crackdown menu? WHY? is it not going on live! i thought early beta was in crackdown!! OMG this SUXORS!!

OMG didn't some people with crackdown on release day already get the BETA? or are they waiting till today?

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  17. jonbest

jonbest Member

Get downloading people!!!! Its live :)

Btw anybody with a succesful attempt using a backup?

18. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

me.

it works just fine, as a matter of fact it worked so well that i forgot to sleep :( now i have to stay up all day long.

19. jonbest

jonbest Member

Do you have the jitterfix firmware?

20. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no i have x52b