1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The biggest mem stick

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by hypersoni, Jul 30, 2007.

1. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

What is the biggest mem stick that you've ever used on your psp? Is ther e a maxium limit on how big they can get?

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I personally use a 4GB-and the biggest one available is 8GB, but they are a bit pricey yet...

3. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I can tell. I was doing some price searches on them. Still, the biggest one I found available was 4GB if you could tell me where you saw 8GB+ that would be helpful.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

I don't think i've ever seen the 8GB for sale, i know that you can buy them though, try ebay and amazon.

I also think that they were planning on making a 16GB version, i'm not too sure on that one though. It seems possible because you can get 16GB USB sticks now, so why not memory cards? They'd have to bring out another firmware update to get the PSP to recognise the new size as well :)

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Try here for example...They are still pretty spendy-About as much as a new PSP...ALso I would not recommend using eBAy for your memory stick needs...There are a lot of fake (bootleg) memory sticks for sale...Amazon is not much better either-Buy your memory from a trusted source, where you can return it if something goes wrong....Especially if you are planning to use it for downloaded games, just spend the few extra bucks on a good one.

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, you're right about there being lot's of fakes floating around, but you can usually spot fake ones, if they have pictures of the actual packaging of the card you're getting, and look at the seller's feedback, also stear clear if they're registered in china/japan etc.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yes, definitely steer clear of the Hong-Kong Phooey's!!
    I dont know...the fake ones are getting pretty sophisticated these days,and are harder to tell from the genuine article..They even fake the hologram on the packaging now, and have it so when you check to see if its MagicGate:Supported-they found a way to fake that also..Of course you dont think anything of it until after the transaction takes place, and you have already left your positive feedback for such a pleasant exchange...And forget about trying to contact the seller telling them its a bootleg memstick..Like I said, dont be cheap, and spend the extra money on a good one from a trusted source..The way I see it is, you're already getting the games for free-so why not splurge on a decent memstick to put them on...?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Lol, you make a very good point there :)

9. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Thats providing that you dont have the psp slim. I swear I probably wont get one till december. which is 3 months after the psp slim comes out in america. once more ppl realize that the exploit doesnt work for slims, the old models will sell out b4 i can get my paws on them. :(

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007