1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The blue border hangs! Can somebody help me?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by thekuew, Dec 28, 2003.

1. thekuew

thekuew Member

Here's the deal, I've made a successful backup of "Ratchet and Clank 2" using DVD Decrypter to rip and burn the ISO. I've burnt onto both DVD+R and DVD-R (both grade A media) and written at 1x speed. Yet I've still got a problem...when I go to use the DVD Swap Magic Disc with a flip top, I get a blue boarder (indicating that the game has successfuly been booted) but then it just hangs and the game doesn't begin...

Please help me, this is so frustrating and I hope that I haven't just wasted loads of money on a new packard bell dvd rewriter. Please try and be specific because I really want to know what to do. I'm a newbie on the whole DVD writing proccess and so I don't know if there's something I'm missing, I've been on the "SwapMagicFix" website but there's isn't a fix for Ratchet and Clank 2. This is driving me nuts so if anyone could give me some indication it'd be must appreciated!

Thanking you in advance...

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ratchet and clank 2 requires the use of cd loader to boot as well as swap magic welcome to the world of double check games just download the version from below to suit the version of ps2 you have

3. dazz187

dazz187 Member

what about v9 where the cd loader doesn't work... the dvd loader should work fine.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

cd loader does work with v9 ps2 i think your thinking about swap magic 2 cd they are different things alltogether

5. dazz187

dazz187 Member

I have a V7 what do I have to do... load the cd disc then load the cd loader... then load RNC2?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

insert swap magic cd let boot,swap with cd loader(by flip/slide)press x cd loader boots press eject and insert swap magic dvd disc(watch lower left corner of screen for ps2 dvd to appear) press x wait for swap buy ea method and then swap(by flip/slide) with your dvd game backup and press x your game should now boot_X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  7. dazz187

dazz187 Member

jesus... 4 loads for one game...

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i know lets hope swap magic 3 dvd solves this problem(if it ever gets released)