1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourne Supremecy problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by StateQB, Dec 7, 2004.

1. StateQB

StateQB Guest

It starts to read it, then is says Error, Handle is invalid. Whats going on? Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi StateQB, welcome to aD,

That is one of those rare DVD's that require DVD Decrypter in order to rip.

Use Decrypter in the File Mode, I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

I used this method and everything went off without a hitch -

Let me know how you made out.

Pete

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I can say for a fact Pete is right again!! :)

Thats the way I had to do it also

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lobstah24

lobstah24 Member

Say Pete...
    What kind of file does this give you to burn with and what are you using for burning software?

Thanks,

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello stateqb, I had no trouble with dvd shrink and nero doing this backup.These 2 programs have not failed me yet. Region 1.Main movie only and all of shrinks quality enhancements. Hey scuba pete, I am going to write down that info on your post just in case i need to use dvd decrypter one of these days. Later

6. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

im having the same problem. wont let me burn

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

when your ready to burn or backup with Shrink, replace the unreferenced material with a still image or still picture.

8. montrolla

montrolla Member

scubapete is the man!
    i was having the same problem. i tried dvd decrypter but i didnt change any setting, and it gave me an error.
    so, i went back to dvd shrink and i could do the movie only.
    i'm going to try with pete's setting and i let you guys know. i'm sure it will do it.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

obstah24,

I ripped this DVD in the "File" Mode, then used recode 2 (you can use DVD Shrink) for encoding.

NOTE: Before you can do anything, you must create a folder named VIDEO_TS (like that, all in CAPS) and place all of your files in there so that DVD Shrink or recode 2 will pick the folder up for processing.

Then I used DVD decrypter for burning -

HINT: If you are going to burn with DVD Decrypter, DON'T FORGET TO - go back to DVD Decrypter after ripping, to reset the "Mode" from "File" to "ISO - Write".

That should do it -

Pete

hoppnjoe,

? ? ?, No one here is having trouble burning -

I know you're "New" BUT let's put our "Thinking caps" on and lQQk at what you wrote - it refers to nothing on this thread - We have no poroblem in trying to help you but you need to tell us something about yourself.

Since you're in this thread I hope you're having trouble with this DVD.

Now, this stuff is what we need to know -

What are your PC's specs ?

What proggys are you using ? To rip ? To encode ? To burn ?

Exactly what guide are you using ?

How far have you gone prior to having trouble ?

Exactly what error OR "roadblock" have you run into ?

What media are you using ?

Answer each and every question above, they're all important if you don't know the answer, say so, don't "make something up" - do that and we'll be glad to try and help -

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I was able to rip Bourne Supremacy using DVD Decrypter's default settings.

Backed up the movie twice. One one pc using just Decrypter and Shrink. And on my main using AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2

11. klinger

klinger Regular member

Backed up B.S twice now using DVD Shrink and Nero basicly movie only with some extras.

12. derryl

derryl Member

Error "Dvd shrink 3"
    DVD SHRINK 3 caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 01bf:bff9d641.
    Registers:
    EAX=06d50010 CS=01bf EIP=bff9d641 EFLGS=00010202
    EBX=06e4ffbc SS=01c7 ESP=06d50000 EBP=06d50058
    ECX=00000000 DS=01c7 ESI=81b90a5c FS=18f7
    EDX=c00300f0 ES=01c7 EDI=81b57dd4 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    50 ff 75 08 e8 53 7c fe ff 83 f8 1c 75 78 83 7d
    Stack dump:
    0000001c 81b57dd4 81b90a5c 06e4ffbc 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

^^^^^ OK ????

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DITTO ~ ?

15. scorpio_e

scorpio_e Guest

Thank you all !!!!!!!!!! esp Scuba Pete... You have all been extememly helpful.. I thought it was the software and I removed and reinstalled. I should have looked here first !!!

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi and welcome to aD scorpio_e,

Anytime at all, feel free to stop in anytime and we'll be glad to help - Just tell us a little about your problems and we'll go from there -

cheers,

Pete

17. speedsta1

speedsta1 Guest

I am trying everything in my power to get my copy of the Bourne Supremacy to burn to a DVD-R. I have the new DVD-Decrypter and have successfully decrypted it to my C:\ drive. I have tried to use DVD-Shrink to burn it from the VIDEO_TS file. It comes up ready to burn on full disc though it gets stuck right at the beginning. It analyzed just fine, and on reauthoring I only get the main movie depending on what files I add to the left side of shrink. If I use menu files and other extras I don't know how to "connect" the files like it would if I encoded with "Full Disc." I can't go to menu while I am watching the movie, nor can I use scene selections because the files are not connected. Re-Authoring is a bitch in my opinion although I like the idea to add/delete whatever you want. THIS IS WHAT I RATHER DO AND WHERE HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN GET BACK TO ME REGARDING HOW I CAN JUST USE DECRYPTER TO BURN FROM THE FILES ON MY C:\ DRIVE TO DVD-R. I feel just using that program is my best option considering it decrypted with the new program 3.5.2.0 just fine where the old decrypter had trouble. My problem is that when I try to open the files of VIDEO_TS after I change the mode to ISO plus write I can't seem to get the files on to the Decrypter to burn from hard drive to DVD-R. I open files and I have to use "All Files" in order see what files to add. That is the "PROBLEM." For one, I don't know what files to add, and it also doesn't let me add any file I choose for it says "invalid or unsupported image format." Which leaves me to ask, what do I need to do to burn to DVD-R using the Decrypter or if there is another way to go about burning the DVD using shrink? Whichever is easier for you to explain, it seems to me I have tried many ways and the Decrypter is the only one that I can't burn to DVD because I can't seem to get the files added to the program when I say to "open files." I also think that those files are just decrypted and not encoded which leaves even more questions.

18. stxpsycho

stxpsycho Guest

I was able to copy The Bourne Supremacy using nothing but Shrink and Nero......no probs!

19. speedsta1

speedsta1 Guest

I ended up figuring it out on my own. It was actually extremely simple without using any program other than shrink. For those who need help on Supremacy in the future, you can use your original copy of the movie. Just go to unreferenced material and under "video" select "still image" and after about 3-4% of encoding it will finally get past Mr. Running Man and do the rest of the film with menu screens and everything else. No need for re-authoring, must do it this way in "full disc". Peace out and good luck. "Burn for life!"

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Speedsta1,

That is the answer for Supremacy BUT it won't work on Resident Evil 2 OR Little Black Book.

You'll need the answer I sent to you in a PM.

Cheers,

Pete

PS Since you had this thread going and were receiving responses, Why diid you feel it necessary to PM me and ask the same question ? Now I'm answering the same question for the SECOND time -