1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Box PVR stuttering

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by 678hug, Dec 15, 2007.

1. 678hug

678hug Member

Don't know if this is a common problem. I bought one of these a few weeks ago from a supplier recommended on here (the major supplier i think) and it worked fine with the v4.500 July software.

My brother has now bought 2 of these from the same supplier but both of them are suffering from major picture and audio stuttering. I've tried the later v4.506 software, i've tried removing the splitter so it takes a direct feed. I've tried installing the software from a serial lead and from the HDD. Nothing makes any difference. I've even tried it with and without a HDD installed

They are both connected to the same feed as my good box (not at the same time) and it still stutters.

These latest boxes are definitely from a different batch from my working good one. I've noticed the power lead for the HDD on the 2 new ones has an inductor (black lump of coiled wire) wrapped around it. My original one hasn't got this.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with these later boxes.

Thanks

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I'm not sure about the PVR , jbvideo is the best man to answer this and im sure when he is online and sees this he can help you out :)

3. wallace07

wallace07 Member

im also having picture\sound breakup on a new thebox pvr - i think this is down to a dodgy second tuner.

The box is fine with one cable input into tuner1 but if i use the same feed into tuner2 i get zilch.

using the loop between tuner1 output and tuner2 input gives breakup when flicking channels while recording

i am going to try reseating tuner2, if this doesnt work i will try tuner 2 in tuner 1 slot and vice versa.

watch this space !