1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Box & Satellite (starview 2)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by giraldus, Dec 28, 2007.

1. giraldus

giraldus Member

Hi folks,

I got a present of TheBox (Starview 2) for Xmas. However theres a prob. The service provider we use for a signal comes from a dish on top of the apt block and all apts are supplied from this one dish (which includes the optional Skii* Channels. I tried the Box and I get a failed reading on all the options (N*l C7W etc). I thought it would have at least picked up the exisiting 10+ stations coming into the Apt via the existing service provider.

I tried the Box at my Parents on a N*L Connection and its working fine.

Has anyone come across this prob / found a solution? I dont want to offend the person who gave me the Box if there is a way around!!!

Cheers

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Sorry to say you will need a cable supply into your property for TheBox to work. Satellite frequencies (which will be coming from the rooftop dish)as well as LNB switching voltages between Hor and Vert polarity are totally different to Cable frequencies and supplies. Your only chance is to get a Satellite receiver.
    jbvid

3. giraldus

giraldus Member

Hi jbvid

Thanks a mill, back it goes then.....

Regards

G