1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the bugging thing part 2-suggestion/gripe

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by nik99, May 18, 2003.

1. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ok ,drd ...have got one gripe..now again ,this may be my perception ,,so no hard feelings if it aint.. so..but i v studied this somehwat..
    ok now what is bugging me..
    well .first id like to say that this forum has been most helpful to me as far as video issues are concerned...especailly due to people like dela(i bow to thee--have 2 beers on me today)lol) who certainly take the pains to sort out problems..with step by step instructions ..and that too promptly..has hlped me become somewhat good myslef..so also some of my pals to whom i had recommened this site ..they have also freakd on the video scetions.
    but Alas!!! icant say the same about the audio forum.
    firsly ..i feel there shd be sep sections for topics and not one general section

but most imp..i am getting the feelin that quite a few queries go unanswered/incompletly answ in the audio forum.not only with me but others also.with the result that sum issues donnt get solved at al.or incomp..
    now is it that
    1-this forum wasnt meant to be focussed on audio at all but only on video ,gaming,swapping etc..

if it is so ..then i withdraw all my above comments..and wil not post too many audio queris..and aplogies to all conc..

but IF it is not then i do feel that i have a genuine point..
    cause some issues which wrere going unanwered (after i tried search and read others posts)i tried in an other forum(tried a diff forum for the 1st time-after i got registred here.. i must add)
    and jst in two posts -and one day all my queries got solveed..got s/w exactly as per my requiremnt etc etc..
    hence tis post ,,(y cudnt i get my answres here at AD -which is my fav forum i must add..)
    is it cause of the factor i mentioned above..
    il understand if u edit this msg a bit..but do tell me ..wheter i m right,, wrong whtver..and i know loads of peolpe wil say taht their probs got solved ,,but tis is for those whose didnt
    peace
    nik

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

What sort of split for the audio forum you would suggest? CD ripping / Converting from format to format / Audio problems with videos, or...?

And what type of questions you had that were unanswered?

And yes, this forum is 90% about the video -- PS2, Xbox, audio and other stuff are just sidekicks, launched because of users requesting such topics and to cover better the "multimedia area".

3. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey DRd ..
    ur last line says it all..if audio and others wre indedd meant 2 b sidekicks ..then i rest my case,,and i understand..but i sreiously think that in a forum of this stature..the seniors mods,admins whoever shd try to finish off any unanwered query if it remains so, formorethan a day(of course only if the query is geniune ,and tey indeed know the answer)then more and more peopl will not only join in but stay for a long time..
    and since u asked..i feel Cd ripping,burning,coverting fm formats,,andof ourse topics like Djing,,shoutcasts etc shd be sep sections...
    since u need to go thru fewer pages to figure out ,,and people know exactly where to post ..sumtimes they get aware of topics they didnt know existed.if the sections are neatly structured and not one big jumble..

also reg my(and sum others also) unans queries..quite simple ones actaully..they are in audio forum..

tks fr replyin ,drd.