1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Button to go back a page does not work sometimes?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by g1neo, May 14, 2004.

1. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Ok i know this is gonna sound kinda stupid lol but you know the button to go back a page on your browser i noticed that sometimes it dosnt work for me on afterdawn for example

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84217

on the above thread i clicked the link to take a look at the guide in german but then my arrow dissappers to go back a page to where i was before, i have tried it in aol 9(uk) browser and internet explorer and it does it in both its happened a few other times whilst ive been searching around on afterdawn aswell, but it doesnt seem to do it on other websites?

Is this a problem with my browser or is it supposed to be like that?

Ps. Seeing as though im here in this section may as well comment on how good the layout and gui is of this site is and the super fast loading of the pages.Nice work!!!

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

You will prob find that when u click on the link, it will open up a new browser, hence it being the 1st page opened in it, hence not being able to click the back button....

Regards
    CoZZa

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Exactly like cozza said -- clicking a link on forum messages spawns a new browser window and obviously it doesn't have the back arrow as it is the first page ever loaded for that window. Simply closing that window shows the original thread's window underneath.

4. g1neo

g1neo Guest

DOHHHHHHHH!!!! I knew that really i was just testing you guys out(OMG My nose just grew like an extra 5 inches!)hahaha

Seriously though thanks for clearing that up(And not laughing at me):)

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

No Problems... i have had dumber questions then that at work...

Regards
    CoZZa