1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cat in the Hat

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ECW, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ECW

ECW Member

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie so please bear with me. I have tried to search previous posts but the results were confusing. I am trying to copy The Cat in the Hat. I think it is a DVD-9. The programs/hardware I have is as follows. DVD Shrink, DVD Decryptor(not used before), DVDXcopy, AnyDVD, Nero & Record Now Max. I have a Pioneer A04 and a Lite-on 8X dual layer/format burners.

I have tried Shrink alone but the movie is too big. I created a .ISO with Decryptor (just movie), then Shrink and burned with Nero. When playing it back, it came on with a black screen for a while then the movie came on and was VERY pixelated and it froze.

Is there an easier way to do this? Did I do something wrong? I DO own the original. It is a "kids" movie and I don't want the original scratched. Can anyone help this newbie out? TIA

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You should be able to just used dvd shrink/re-author main movie only/take out some of the beginning and ending credits/ and then hit backup/check all your settings/keep burn speed under 4x/ and have enable burn with nero.

Now on the pixellation issue: How are you viewing that backup, in a stand alone player or the pc. We need to make sure you can view that backup on your pc using the driver that burned it.

Also are you burning entire dvd or re-authoring and what enhancements are you using? Sometimes a higher compressed backup can cause these issues.

What brand/speed/and format are you burning?

The freezing and pixellation usually occurs on stand alone players,if that is how you are viewing it. Usually poor media/burning too fast/or a combination of both causes those issues.This is the usual problem on those pesky stand alone players.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

ECW,
    Seeing how you are new to this may I recommend you use one of the guides at my site (link is in my signature) Give one of those a try and let me know how everything works out.. :)

4. ECW

ECW Member

Wow. Thanks for the quick replies.

Saugmon, I did use a stand alone player to view. I also burned at 8x. This has never been a problem however, this was my first attempt at a DVD-9. Sorry to sound stupid, but how do I remove some of the credits as you stated?

bbmayo, Thanks for your reply as well. I will check your guides and give it a go as well. I will post the results later tonight. Thanks again!!

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you follow the first guide at my site it will show you how to remove everything except the main movie :)

6. ECW

ECW Member

bbmayo, that is an awesome site you have there!! I just read the first tutorial. I will give it a go tonight and let you know how it turns out. Thanks very, very much for all your help!!

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem glad to be of service :)