1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The chances (XBL)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mufaa, Jul 1, 2007.

1. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I want Xbox Live Gold subs as i really want to try online gaming (never have done before). I have not been banned yet (Sammy 5.2A). How are my chances of getting banned if i start playing online now? Are MS still banning people? Anyone playing online with backups with the 5.2A fw?

Will appreciate any help!

2. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Anyone share a thought?

3. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Wouldnt reccomend it, i got banned with that.If your desperate for live reflash your console to the newest firmware or buy a new cosole.

4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

So you had a non-banned Silver account and got banned immed. after you subscribed for Gold and played online? How recent was it?

Also, aren't newer firmware just for new consoles? I can't really get a new console. Can't afford one.

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The newer firmware is for un-banned xboxes. Since you're not banned yet, it's Highly reccommended to update to iXtreme 1.2

You then won't be banned as xtreme 1.2 will not allow booting of discs that aren't properly stealth patched.

6. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Hmm. So how many chances are there for me to get banned after i change my firmware? I think i have seen one or two guys reporting to be banned after they changed their firmware and some even recommending not to change the firmware and continue playing stealth games if you are not banned.

7. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

bump

8. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Received a one month Gold subs from my friend (thanks a lot dude!). I tried a few matches of Gears and everything went smooth. Have not been banned yet (touchwood) and hopefully will never be!

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I was banned when using this firmware.

10. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Hi! Yea, i know, many were. Maybe you played a non-iXtreme compatible game sometime? I will take extra care when going online with a game. It has to pass the test on XDVDMulletor.

11. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

As far as I know, they can't detect Samsung FW just non stealth games, so I'd still upgrade. That would take away any risk of accidently booting a non-stealth patched game.

And yes, it was a non-stealth Fight Night Round 3 backup that got me banned.

12. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I would have upgraded but the VIA card is with my friend and he is outta town.

But i will be careful with games now. And anyways, release groups are releasing compatible games anyway these days. Hope MS don't catch me!!

13. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Im pretty sure it was a non-stealth backup of GRAW 2 that got me banned. Got myself a new 360 now with a hitatichi drive and i have no intentions to mod it at all.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  14. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Is that been confirmed? Last time i checked it was just speculation. I personally think they've added more to it than that but ive been away from the scene for a few days, i might have missed something.

A link would be great!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007