1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Check the link out on my prior post, once on the page scroll down to networking tutorials. They have tuts on every thing you should need.

2. jo2

jo2 Member

i tried and tried it Flashfxp claims it has nothing to connect to. I did it just the way it says and nothing. Can someone just explain how i'm going to be able to tell if i have a connection between the x-box and my pc. And please if anyone can simplify any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Did you even bother to read any of the tutorials to the link I left a couple of posts ago? The problems not with flash fxp, but with the settings you have between your "dash", and your PC. Take some time, and do a little reading. Its all there if you look.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If you have your firewall on, disable it.

5. danielb

danielb Member

Thanks for the instructions Quadratic. I backed up Halo1 and Splinter Cell perfectly. Can i also suggest using Qwix to get the file straight off the xbox's DVD drive. Qwix has an FTP feature that allows u to do this and saves time copying the file to your HDD first. It worked for me!!

6. madecant

madecant Member

I know this is going to sound like a broken record to some of you, but I’ve been trying to back up my games, I made a IOS with Qwix I burned it with Nero and every time I tried to play it my xbox says it can't recognize the disk. I have tried a couple different games and none of them worked and yes I have my xbox modified. can some one please help me with this

Thanks

7. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Try using dvd decrypter. Its a little simpler to use if your not familiar with nero. Open dvd decrypter, select the mode tab at the top, scroll down to iso, select iso write, then browse to your qwix iso image, and then click on the dvd icon at the bottom to burn. Make sure also that the media you are using is compatible with your xbox drive. Some drives aren't compatible with dvd+r media, and some aren't with dvd-r media. If you still want to use nero, make sure you check the "finalise disc" option.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  8. vanguard

vanguard Guest

I am having problems connecting (connection timed out) I had someone help me, so he did what you did above ect... but I am still having problems connect.

Edit: I am using EvoX dashboard, but it isn't working

My settings on pc and xbox

PC (TCP/IP) Properties

IP address: 192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

and xbox settings
    These are my settings

Type: Static
    IP 192.168.0.102
    Setup Network Yes
    Use static IP yes
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0

FTP
    Enabled Yes
    Password xbox
    In Game Reset Yes

When i connect to Qwix i put in

Xbox IP:
    port: 21
    Login:xbox
    Password: xbox

FTP folder: D:

And i click create ISO

I am trying to do this from the xbox D: to the computer C:
    and this error occurs....
    Application...
    Start Date :
    Name/Description:
    Version Number : 1.0.1.8

Exception...
    Date : 02/21/2005 19:03:01
    Address: 00515537
    Module : Qwix.exe
    Type : EIdProtocolReplyError

closed. Error Code: 226.

Active Controls...
    Form Class : TfrmLaunch
    Form Text : Qwix 1.01
    Control Class: TcxButton
    Control Text : Create ISO

Computer...
    Name :
    Total Memory:
    Free Memory :
    Total Disk :
    Free Disk :

Operating System...
    Type : Microsoft Windows XP
    Build # :
    Language:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2005
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ vanguard

Let's have a look at the forum rules - no posting email addies.

10. Z_Man

Z_Man Guest

What do you mean by [bold]modded[/bold] xbox? How do I know if my xbox is modded? If it isn't modded, then how do I make it modded?

Z_Man

11. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If you haven't opened up the case of of your xbox, and installed a "mod chip" which is a hardware modification, or hacked the original dash with an exploit to allow it to run unsigned code, then your xbox is not modded. Check out www.xbox-scene.com

12. legend011

legend011 Guest

Hey pplz, i need help...

Everytime i go into my network settings and change my ip to the Evox's it says Static Ip already in use on this system....Please Help.

13. kb779

kb779 Member

hi, i just got a x3 chip and i flashed the bios and installed the evox dash, now im trying to back up some games, but when i ftp to my xbox with flashfxp and go to the d: drive it doesnt have the files on the disc, it just shows the same files that are in the c: drive (evox.ini, ect...)

can anyone help me out?
    (i have a version 1.1 xbox)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  14. kb779

kb779 Member

update:

if i boot up my xbox to the bios screen (X3 version 3029) i can ftp and access the data on the d: drive, if i boot up to the evox dash then i ftp into my xbox, the d: drive just shows whats on the c: drive.

anyone know why? or what i can do to get my dash to work right?

also the "launch dvd" option from the evox dash doesnt work for backed up games.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try using IPSwitch WS FTP Pro. It's a much more solid program and it's guaranteed that you will see your D: Drive.

It's a pretty common thing. Heck, I had problems with FlashFXP myself :)

16. kb779

kb779 Member

i switched to avalaunch dash and flashfxp works fine now, but ill keep IPSwitch WS FTP Pro in mind if i run into any more problems.

thanks

17. cpbox1

cpbox1 Member

Hi Quadratic

Great Tutoral - I have recently installed a mod chip and 120gb HDD, many thanks to all you guys for creating so many easy to follow docs. I have used an auto installer and my xbox is running fine - I have backed up all my games to the Harddisk, installed some Emulators and roms and all it cool. I have got a FTP clinet (WS FTP pro) running and can transfer files to and from my XBOX. All sounds great - however I am having problems backing up my XBOX disks - mainly creating iso's or xiso's. I have tried all the normal programs, Qwix, Clonexb, craxtion, gdfimage ect - I have tried with new games (Halo 2 for example)

I am not sure if I am missing anything - with gdfimage I get about 50% in and get an error (sorry don't have it at hand), on quix and clonexb it appears to run complete but when I check there is no iso file. on Craxtion I just can't seem to be able to get it to kick off.

What is the best way to create an iso?

FTP the files from the xbox to the PC and then use a tool to create the iso?

or

use a tool to access the d:\ drive on the xbox and copy the tools to the PC, then using a tool to create an iso?

Is there any tool that will allow you to make an iso from your xbox directly to your PC?

Many thanks, any help you can offer is a bonous

18. jadude

jadude Member

[​IMG]

How do I get this onto a playable DVD R? If the picture isn't big enough, the files are like "ggx2-dgr.009"

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  19. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

CPbox 1, you can ftp the game files over the xbox to your pc, then with those files put it into a iso format the xbox can read, thats why we use programs such as quix or Craxtion 4, i prefer craxtion 4 its really convienient. Then with the xiso you just created, burn that xiso (which a burning software will understand as a normal iso) at a very low speed, 1x. I would perfer to use alcohol 120%, again this program is very useful. If you need anymore clarification, feel free to reply back!

Jadude: As for your case, try converting those files into a compressable format, such as .rar or .zip. You can try Winrar to do that, then just find the first file, usually listen with a 1 or 001, then extract it to a designated folder, after the first file is complete, then it will follow through with the other files. Again, If you need anymore clarification, feel free to reply back!

20. BR7

BR7 Regular member