1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cookout

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ThrowDown, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

Dude I have tried DVD Shrink, Decrypter, XPRESS, Super DVD, and I have ANYDVD 4.5.5.1 and still no luck, I would really like to back my movie up, any help would be great this is getting crazy.

2. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

What are your system specs? Do you have the lates updates for Decrypter and Shrink. I did the movie with no problem....even though i was very disappointed with the movie.

3. ThrowDown

ThrowDown Member

I downloaded the new version of Decrypter yesterday, and I also downloaded the new shrink, this sucks man, first movie i ever had problems with.

4. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

What problem are you having with this in particular? What error is it telling you it's having? Do you have enough room on your pc for it to be put on your hd using Dvd Decrypter?

5. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I also used DVD Decrypter latest version and had no problem at all backing up my original of Cookout.

Maybe something in your system specs.

6. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

reporting in

just did this movie "Cookout" with AnyDVD, DVDShrink, and DVDDecypter, no problems works great....

in this order....AnyDVD running in the back ground,
    opened up DVDShrink... Re-author "Movie Only", then
    DVDDecypter (default settings new ver) in (W)Write mode, that's it....

just because i'm now looking at the amount of files on a movie these days, since the newest ones started coming out with
    all this new stuff on them, this movie "Cookout" just for thought had 92 files
    to begin with, the ending result with
    just the movie was 9 files.................

it's amazing the amout of junk there putting on these
    movie's now..............

The ANYDVD program seems to work very well too
    probably will buy.....................

i have always used DVDShrink and DVDDecypter since i started doing all this, anyway

my 2 cents......................

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  7. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

Hey guys what is your ripping speed for the forgotten I am getting 2478 kb/s can you tell me if this is normal and how I might get faster rip speeds. Also I am backing it up with anydvd 4.5.5.1 and DVD shrink and it is at 24% of backup and doing fine anydvd rules. Also can someone tell me what it means by buffered on dvd shrink when backing up

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

The newer structural protection schemes apparently are slowing DVD Decrypter down while it creates dummy sectors. I find it adds only a few minutes to the overall rip though. It seems to take about 2X off the average rip speed.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just a friendly tip:

Rip only the main movie With Decrypter and you WILL NOT have any of the problems everyone is having with the newer movies.

:) Forget about all that extra garbage you really don't need it do you? For what?

10. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

agree with bbmayo on that. don't know about everyone else but for me, i could care less about all that extra stuff who needs it. i usally get a really good backup, can't tell the diffence from, original

the DVDDecypter is set to all defaults... haven't had problem's either with the new movie's

you can also try.......DVDDecypter(F)File Mode
    to HD, then DVDShrink (Movie Only), then DVDDecypter in (W)Write Mode to burn, this
    has also work for me.

i'm thinking from reading all these forums
    till i was blue in the face, when i started
    doing all this, that some people may have to many programs installed on there computer
    at one time.

I had Sonic Record Now software that came with my burner, it was having conflics with DVDShrink, and DVDDecypter, in the beginning.
    so it's gone, i think it sucks anyway.

anyway good day

free