1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Covenant

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by grembo, Apr 17, 2007.

1. grembo

grembo Guest

i have tryed to back up this film using shrink but am getting the message ( error i/o overlap ) AnyDvd wont work. Have ripped to H/D using Fab D , but trying to burn via shrink gives the same message, none of my other burning tools will work. Any ideas please people.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Nothing really special on this one - the tools you have should have done the job.
    So run those files from DVDFab thru FixVTS - link then open them in Shrink.

You can also try unchecking this in Shrink if checked - go to edit>preferences>file i/o tab.
    Uncheck 'enable overlapped i/o'

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm with binkie, nothing special on this one. I ran it through RI4M without a hitch. Sometimes you get a bad press. A read scan can easily check that out.

4. grembo

grembo Guest

Thanks for the reply guys. I unchecked the overlap and things started to work then Shrink stalled at 31%of analysing with the message (error out of memory not enough storage available to process this command ) I have 20gig of memory left. I downloaded fixvts and processed the entire DVD but get the same message, AnyDVD is up to date.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok with version of DVDFab are you using? Try re ripping w/ the latest 3.0.9.6 if you not up to date.
    Though older version should still handle this one.
    I'm kinda thinking a bad rip maybe (?)

You can download CloneDVD to use w/ AnyDVD - has a 21 day free trial.

Or try RipIt4Me. You can get that here - link

6. grembo

grembo Guest

Finally got it..Phew I re ripped with fabD any DVD running,then shrink. Thinks may have been a bad rip.
    What is a read scan ????????

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

A read test scan is available in the Nero software, Plextools, and a bunch of utilities. The freeware DVDInfoPro also has the utility. It shows bad sectors on a DVD. Bad sectors are what cause read errors and the problems associated.

You're not supposed to have AnyDVD on with DVDFab Decrypter.

8. grembo

grembo Guest

Thanks for the info PacMan, ya learn something new every day !!!!

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Over the past couple years I've run across a few of the bad presses and a bunch of the badly scratched DVDs. The scratches were sort of obvious, but the bad presses can keep a person guessing for a while. The scan tells whats up and the DVD can be handled accordingly. At first I was surprised a player was that much more forgiving than a recording system.