1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the da vinci code

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by liljon01, Mar 24, 2007.

1. liljon01

liljon01 Member

I'm trying to back up my da vinci code disc but when I put the backed up copy into the x-box it comes up with a message that the disc is either dirty or damaged have backed up other of my games but have had no problems, any insights would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
    thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

for help you need to write out more information.
    1. what program did you burn it with and at what speed.
    2. what type of media did you use (like Verbatim 8X DVD-R)
    3. If it was DVD+R did you booktype it to DVD-Rom

I have this game and my back up works perfectly on Philips 8X DVD-R
    I have done many games on Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R, and also a bunch on Philips 16X DVD+R

3. liljon01

liljon01 Member

using dvd decrypter to burn
    memorex 8x media
    dvd +r
    what did you mean book type it to dvd rom have been able to back up my x-men legends 2 game doing the same way.
    also sometimes it also comes up as a data disc.

4. liljon01

liljon01 Member

I also just leave the speed at fastest should I change that and if so what speed should I try?????

5. steimy

steimy Active member

1. Memorex are not very good for doing games, i would get a better brand like Verbatim
    2. you want to burn most discs at 4X speed (i do both 8X and 16X discs at this speed)
    3. you can do a search on booktyping (also called bitsetting). Basically it is burning the game in a format that is more compatible than the DVD+R (DVD-Rom is what format the original disc you buy would be in) Some burners can do it, and others can not.

4. data disc? are you burning files or an ISO? It should always be in ISO format and if it is then it should not read it as a data disc.

6. liljon01

liljon01 Member

I do the same step as I would that made the dirty disc error, but when the x-box reads it in unleashx it comes up as a data disc or if booted up with disc in xbox goes to unleashx under d: drive and opens up into a file format????????????????????????????? got me on this one