1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE DARKNESS IS ON NEWSGROUPS

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by catsee, Jun 22, 2007.

1. catsee

catsee Guest

GUYS i have the extreme firmware 1.0, i have the darkness game b4 release date n i really want to play it will i get ban or is there a chance i will get ban. i know its a stupid question but i dont know the answer to this question, i really want to freakin play this game

2. catsee

catsee Guest

I heard that microsoft can see ur achievement when u go online, so they know who is playing what

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'd avoid playing unless you don't care about Live. I was the king of playing pre-releases. I took pride in getting achievements before the game hit store shelves. It just took one ban to take care of that for me. I just started play DiRT yesterday despite it being available for a week now and I've been dying to play that game.

Now there is one trick I noticed. If you save to a memory unit and then later unlock an achievement for the 1st time with your hard drive, after loading the game save from the memory all the achievements from the memory unit will show as being achieved the date you loaded them and not when actually unlocked them.

4. catsee

catsee Guest

yeah i'll wait it out n play some dirt thanks memnock for being a great dude

5. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

i would thikn if u palyed without ur hardrive, they wouldnt be able to detect it, unless theres some kinda cache...

6. catsee

catsee Guest

RIGHT memnock will that work i dont care about achievement i just want to check it out

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's pretty safe to say there's no log like that, but I can't say for 100% sure. It should be ok. Note should be.

8. catsee

catsee Guest

OK Im gonna play without hard drive thanks

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Even if you take off your harddrive, the achievements will still show on your gamertag. And once you log on to Live... they know.

If you want to check out your prelease (dl'ed from newsgroup w/o original = piracy = discussion not allowed here on AD), I'ld suggest making a new profile and try it under that.

I have one, "Test", that I used for just that... testing. It's not set up for Live.

There's no guarantee MS still can't detect it when I'm logged on to Live with my other gamertag, but I'm still running 5.3c on a ms28, just completed a non-stealth NFSMW (on Live gamertag with cable unplugged), and have logged in to download some new trailers and still haven't been detected.

10. xtremedjs

xtremedjs Member

Will the game work in NSTC or just pal? Anyone found out yet?

11. catsee

catsee Guest

region free dude

damn i cant play it until next week

12. catsee

catsee Guest

memnock i gotta get ban vampire rain is on newsgroup n i need to play this i cant wait another 2 weeks to play

13. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

what are u talking about without a memmory device, how would it store achievements?

14. catsee

catsee Guest

IM CONFUSED IM WAITING ON MEMNOCK

15. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

ok... u can turn the caps off, i was asking bhe how it was possible for the xbox to store the achivments without a memmory device...

16. catsee

catsee Guest

DUDE IM GONNA KEEP MY CAPS ON NEWBIE

17. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

lol im not the one begging for help on somthing i could have researched myself...

18. catsee

catsee Guest

hahahahah yeah im begging newbie hahahahah

19. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

newbie? "IM CONFUSED IM WAITING ON MEMNOCK" that made me lol

20. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

I have had a strong option about this topic ever since last year when Saints Row was rls early.

Don't be a bitch and get on live to show off i got some game before release date. That's all i have to say, i know MS claims the Ban is to protect from cheating. but we all know thye real reason. Before the ban, ppl that showed off their pre-released games just give important pieces of info to MS, which inturn they use against everyone else.

so be patient, or unplug till release date.