1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Data is corrupt CFW 3.55

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Cloudkill, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

Hi

I've just started hacking my PS3 and I've run into a little bit of an issue I'll start by explaining how I went about my jailbreak I read about and googled allot and the entire time I documented what I was doing to write my own tutorial to try out when I got home, below is a copy of the tutorial I made and all was going well until I needed to install geohot's jailbreak when I get the error "The Data is corrupt" now I googled this and there doesn't seem to be allot on the subject of this error one conclusion I have come to is that this hack only works on Slim PS3's maybe? I don't know but please read through my guide and point out any mistakes I may have made if any, for now I'm back on OFW 3.55.

60GB PS3 PHAT

STEP:1
    Have a newly formatted USB drive at the ready then make the following folder structure in the USB...
    /PS3/UPDATE/
    Place the official un-patched PS3 firmware in the update folder on the USB.
    Then start your system in recovery mode by following these instructions at http://community.us.playstation.com/message/2252774
    Place the USB drive into your PS3 and select update firmware, once finished move to STEP2.
    STEP2
    REMOVE the UPDATE.PUP from "/PS3/UPDATE/" on you USB
    Back to your PC you now need to go to PS3Toolkit/3.55-Peek-n-Poke_Patcher/CFWPatcher
    Run CFWPatcher and select “execute” Place the new UPDATE.PUP file into "PS3/UPDATE/" now flash to the PS3, same as STEP1, once complete move to STEP3.
    STEP3
    Once this is complete you need to go to PS3Toolkit/jailbreak/
    you need to flash this update to your PS3 the same way as step one and two but make sure you remove the old update.pup file form "/PS3/UPDATE/" on your USB drive

PS PS3Toolkit is a folder I made to store all of my hacking files not something I downloaded.

Thank you!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

Okay so I have now resolved this issue by doing the following.

I didn't patch the OFW 3.55 via the PC but installed it via recovery menu, once I installed OFW3.55 I deleted the UPDATE.PUP file from the USB and I placed Geohotz CFW3.55-jb into the USB
    "PS3/UPDATE/UPDATE.PUP"
    Then in the system menu not the recovery menu I went to update system then update via USB, then I plugged my USB into USB port 1 and installed over OFW3.55 now I have CFW3.55 jailbroken.

So if you are having issues in the recovery menu with corrupt data try doing the steps above and hopefully you will get the same result!