1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Departed DVD DL burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ultravire, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ultravire

ultravire Member

I'm new to backing up movies. I have a dvd dl burner and blank dvd dl's, how do I go about buring the the departed? I'd really appreciate the help thanks

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

welcome to afterdawn the best place to start is what programs do you have instaled on your system, like burning program,copyprotection removal, and the next thing is if you look at the top of this page you will see a tab that reads guides if you click on that tab you will find all the infromation you will need to make backups of your dvd's, there will be free programs and some pay programs, if you do a search on the movie that you are wanting to backup you will find what will or what won't work to make the backups, good luck

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ultravire ,
    I suggest that you use Ripit4Me and rip the DVD to the HD using the 1 click method. After DVD Shrink opens then just close it. Then I want you to use ImgBurn to do the D/L DVD. The program is free and a guide is below.
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

4. ultravire

ultravire Member

Thanks everyone for all your help, unfortunately despite following all the instructions to the letter I can't backup the disk. I can copy the image to the HD, but imageburn can't burn the image onto the DVD DL. Has anyone successfully coppied a region 2 DVD of The Departed

5. david66

david66 Regular member

2 questions what brand of blank media are you using also did you create a ISO image imagburn requires a ISO image in order to burn the disk

6. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

key to imgburn for burning DL:

-make sure it is set to DEVICE mode at the top under Output Tab
    -under MODE tab, it is checked as BUILD.