1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The drive reported an error

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by drew229au, Oct 1, 2004.

1. drew229au

drew229au Member

My problem is with backing up movies. I have used MactheRipper, DVD2oneX and DVDRemaster. When using +r toast gets to
    "writing lead out" when I get this error
    The drive reported an error:
    Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
    Sense Code = 0x0C
    WRITE ERROR.
    This was not always the case.Originally I didn't have a problem. I have trashing preferences, and using different versions of toast 6,03,05 and 07.
    I solve this problem by using +RWs and -RWs however the problem has come back. I dowloaded FASTDVDCOPY but it tells me I don't have a SuperDrive. My System consists of Sawtooth 500 G4, 768Mb ram 60g with a Samsung SH-W08A burner. I have tried fresh installs of the OS. I'm using Panther and Jag. DragonBurn had the same results to. The burner is only 3 months old. I also burnt a movie without using the DVD-ROM(UDF). I clicked the Mac & PC option and got the same error. Funny thing is the info burnt and the apple DVD player reconized it and played. A normal dvd player no luck. I was going to also try a image but the OS wont let me with the Samsung drive. Is there a way of enabaling it. I'm lost for answers

2. drew229au

drew229au Member

I played a bit more this afternoon. After burning with the +RWs I got the same error message as before but the movies worked in the stand alone dvd players. Tried the +Rs and got another coaster.
    I partially enabled the drive so I can use Fast DVD Copy but have to decided weather its worth purchasing. Has anyone tried it?