1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Forgotten and Resident Evil back up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kenkell, Jan 29, 2005.

1. kenkell

kenkell Member

Newbie here but I took all of your guys advice and used the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink to burn copies of both movies. I watched them both and they came out fine. It was my first time to use the decrypter. My only problem is on The Forgotten there is a 4 minute blank pause before the movie starts to play and on the Resident Evil about a one minute pause before it starts to play. How can I combat that and get the movie to burn and play witout those blank pauses in the beginning? If it can be done, I'd appreciate some detailed steps to do so! I'm not to knowledgeable on the burning, I just know the right buttons to push! haha! Thanks!

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

When you Re-author > Main Movie only, on a disc that has Structure Protection errors, you should use Start/End Frames settings to remove the blank frames.

The blank frames are the area where the Stucture Protection was. The original disc has an IFO file that skips those blank frames, but the protection is there in those structure protected sectors and causes backup problems unless removed with DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD.

When you Re-author those blank frames are no longer skipped because DVD Shrink or Nero Recode rewrites the IFO file. Using Start/End Frames removes those blank frames and writes the IFO file so that it begins where it has been edited to start.

Intermediate guide: a slightly more advanced guide.
    Includes making a simple compilation and using the "Start/End" feature.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_intermediate.php

Other guides.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

3. kenkell

kenkell Member

Thanks so much for the info! I'll certainly try that!