1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Forgotten and The Grudge

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Anunnaki, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Member

I have been experiencing the same problems of not being able to burn these two movies either. I havent experienced this with any other movies i tried to burn using dvdxcopy or dvd shrink with decryptor. Im wondering since these are fairly new releases is this going to be a major issue with future releases. Im sure those people who work for the industry, and are coming up with ways to make it difficult to make backup copies are viewing these sites and seeing how well their burn blockers are working. I know we are aware of these new anti-techniques by just reading through the posts that are left from members. I havent tried the anydvd program yetalthough it appears not to work in all cases, but is there and mention or coming up with newer programs to thwart off the attacks?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes you can be sure the new encryptions will be used more and more. The latest updates of DVD Decrypter and Any dvd will decrypt them at this time. Anydvd is being updated almost daily. As soon as the movie companies come out with a new encryption someone will try to break the code. Its an on going war.

Jerry

3. simpsoro

simpsoro Guest

I haven't had any problems at all when using the latest version of dvd encryptor along with anydvd. Have also used the last good copy of dvd xcopy platinum along with anydvd without any problems.

4. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I did both movies last week with Any DVD and DVD Shrink.

5. kzar

kzar Member

I was able to finally backup "The Forgotten" and "The Grudge" after many hours of experimenting with different software. These are the programs that worked for me and if you don't have them then you need to download these programs or experiment with programs that you already have. 1) DVDXcopy Platinum RF (because of browser function). 2) DVD43 Version 2?. 3) Patin-Couffin. 4) AnyDvD v.4.5.7.2. 5) DVD decrypter v. 3.5.2.0.

DVD43 and AnyDVD runs in the background of your computer so you don't have to start these programs after you boot up to your desktop. Note: DVD43 needs patin couffin to be installed for it to work. Also, Platinum RF kept giving me CSS errors with the AnyDVD software by itself so I had to combine it with DVD43. Use DVDdecrypter to rip the movie to your hard drive. After the movie is stored on your hard drive run DVDXcopy RF. Use the ADVANCE button and then BROWSE to the decrypted file. Then select all the tiltles, play with compression, and then burn the movie. I also heard that Platinum ripper version, (The last good one),and Anydvd v4572 should work too.

6. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Member

Thanks, guys for the help. Sorry bout my late response, just getting back from Florida. Well i downloaded both new versions of DvD Decrypter, and AnyDVD. I was able to get the Grudge done with DvD Decrypter, and im about to try it on The Forgotten, but im not sure how to use the AnyDVD? I read the help section on it, and i see the movie title The Grudge, listed in the CSS section, but im not sure how to properly use it with DvD Decrypter, or DVDXCopy Platinum(not sure if this is the RF version, its about 4 months old)the way i used DvD Shrink with DvD Decrypter. I hope my reply makes enough sense.

7. PsyK

PsyK Member

I use PowerDVD Copy & DVD Region+CSS Free which runs in the background when you insert a DVD or turn on any DVD Software which is compatible and I have not had a problem I have not tried The Grudge but what I did try was the Forgotten Very simple easy took about 1 hour to back up and I am all set. Very Good Programs you should try them.

8. McNugget

McNugget Member

I keep getting an out of memory error when I try to burn the ISO from dvdshrink to my hd. Cleared up all space got about 80gs what gives? Tried resetting the compression settings to lower made no difference anyone got any ideas?

9. _EarnIt_

_EarnIt_ Member

I had the same problem with both movies. At the time I was using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. CloneDVD would not let me copy them to my HDD w/ any DVD running. However, I was able to use Nero (with AnyDVD running) to grab an NRG image of both discs successfully. I then used UltaISO (version 7 something) to convert the .nrg to ISO. Once that was done, I was able to burn Forgotten to Dual Layer w/o issues. I tested the disc out and all works well. I used DVD Decrypter to burn the iso.

I am converting The Grudge to ISO format now. I don't expect to have any issues buring it. I will use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO as well. Oh hang on it just finished conversion. ... Ok sorry about that. The Grudge is off and running w/ DVD Decrypter now. Just make the MDS file for the iso ... set the book type to DVD-ROM for the DL and it is buring fine.

Now the errors that I originally received when trying to do my initial burn ... Ivalid Block Sector the disc may have already been copie. Or something like that. It really pissed me off. But once I figured out the work around all was again well with the world.

FYI I am using a Memorex DLRWL16 D2-15 burner. I got it for around $70.00 after main in rebate.

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  10. Mulox

Mulox Member

Funny, I was able to backup the Grudge to my hdd using Decrypter, but now cannot burn using Shrink. It does not allow me to compress it under 4.7gb for some reason. I also tried burning a DL disc using Nero and my dvd player won't play it (freezes and skips). What a waste of $6! I also tried using DVD Fab to get it onto 2 discs, but that won't even load the files from my hdd. Suggestions?

11. _EarnIt_

_EarnIt_ Member

Try cutting out all of the extras. Only burn the movie, for the Grudge. It appears there are alot of corrupt features with the extras. Doing that, I was able to get The Grudge onto a single layer disc.

Good Luck

12. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

Used AnyDVD in the background. DVDShrink to HDD. CloneDVD2 to burn. No problems with either movie.
    Dimension 4600 P4 2.66GHz 512MBddr 80GBhdd NEC-DVD+RW-ND-2100AD WindowsXP SP2