1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Forgotten is another one.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hugabone, Jan 14, 2005.

1. hugabone

hugabone Member

Shrink and Decryter will not rip this. Anydvd had success though.

2. hugabone

hugabone Member

This is a hard one. The lasest version of Decrypter gets to the end and fail to save.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I used decrypter and it worked fine. I even tried Resident and Black Book to confirm it would work and it did. Are you running anything in the background?

4. ratatooly

ratatooly Guest

I used Decrypter first to rip Forgotten and Resident Evil, then used DVDShrink to shrink it and burn to DVD. Using Decrypter is tricky, Sometimes you have to select 3 to 4 files at a time to decrypt. For some reason that does the trick. Good luck. I hope someone rework the DVDShrink to take care of this problem. I love DVDshrink.

5. hugabone

hugabone Member

I had to run Decrypter again and got it to work w/o errors. The 1st time I tried to rip it, I got an error at the end of the process. Anydvd only rips the 1st chapter. I havent tried Cellular yet.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  6. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

So did soneone get this to rip correctly? If so please post the method here for everyone so when we rent it this Tuesday (1-17-05) we can get right to it. :)

Please... that is. :)

7. petekelly

petekelly Member

Like I told the other guy Download the latest version of anydvd 4531 and use dvd shrink and that is it I was able to do res evil little black book and forgotten

8. climbhigh

climbhigh Member

The newest version of Decrypter should rip it.

If not, just check the forums over there for the PSL file. He's pretty fast about posting them.

Just wondering... how in the heck are you getting movies before the street date?

9. Vittro

Vittro Member

i tryed to use Shrink but didnt work just froze. like it did with RE2. just DLed Decrypter and it worked fine for Forgotten. used VOBblanker with RE2 and worked great. DIDNT work with Forgotten. and i really dont like VOBblanker too much. using Shrink now to compress the already decrypted DVD file (using DVDdecrypter) well hope that helps out. oh yea i have newest ver of decrypter, read in the forms that you had to have that ver. and multitasking is a big no no. i usaly close everything but explorer and systask in my task manager (Ctrl, Alt, Del.)
    May the burning gods be with you :p

10. hugabone

hugabone Member

I agree multitasking must have been my problem the 1st time I tried ripping it. Anydvd 4541 is now out, the beta version though.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  11. jeffask

jeffask Member

I got DVD shrink 3.1 to work with Resident Evil 2 some I'm not sure why you guys are having problems, but I did have a problem with little black book and currently having problems with Forgotten!!

12. mobnole

mobnole Member

Read the topic I started about RE2/Little Black Book/The Forgotten. I followed the steps I was given, and it worked perfectly the first time.

13. dludden

dludden Guest

I've ripped "The Forgotten" using DVD Decrypter and Shrink with no problems. I ran from the file mode and hit Decrypt. Don't run anything else in the background unless you have more than 526 megs of ram.

No problems with "Celluar", I tried "Little Black Book" and couldn't get it to work but that was before I got the latest version of DVD Decrypter. I'll try it tonight.

14. Pdwight

Pdwight Member

Im new, hello.

I have been using DVDX Platinum untill I got to "The Forgotten" and now I cant back up my original. I downloaded the lates version of anydvd. Does it just work in the background or what ?? I also tried using the latest version of Nero to copy and burn the movie with no luck...any help folks ?? Thanks

I have 1G of DDR Ram with a P4 and tons of free HD space (over 120 Gig) so that shouldnt be a problem.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  15. RCCola

RCCola Member

I used Dvd Region and CSS Free to backup all three, Lil Black Book, The Forgotton, and Resident Evil along with Shrink and all works great.

16. Pdwight

Pdwight Member

Tell us more, where are the programs ? shareware trialware or what ?? did you have to use both or just one ..puzzled.

Thanks
    Dwight P

17. ShdwStrdr

ShdwStrdr Guest

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. Ive never had a problem using Decrypter or Shrink until RE2 or Forgotten.
    Downloaded newest ver of Decrypter and still no luck.
    Downloaded the newest ver of AnyDVD and worked the first attemp.
    I don't care which I have to use as long as it gets the job done with the least amount of hassle.

18. trinth

trinth Member

I Got it to rip with no problem what you need to do is goto : www.videohelp.com
    and theres a post there and a walk thru on how to do it step by step.

19. trinth

trinth Member

you also need Vob Blanker to help you with it! but vob blanker along with shrink and decrypter, works excellent.

20. trinth

trinth Member

and one more thing goto the decryptor forum sign up there also they'll walk you thru it also cause that's where my link is along with the directions step by step.