1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dragonz22, Feb 9, 2005.

1. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

hey guys i have been reading the threads on this movie and none of those methods are working for me not even on the digital video forum i used dvdd and it works just fine to the pc but once i use dvd shrink it stops after a few and says ran out of memory i decrypted everything in both file and iso mode and i get problems either way is there any way to fix this please help thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Use DVD Decrypter to rip it then use DVD Shrink in re-author mode to just grab the main title and burn with Nero. If this still fails, run AnyDVD in the background whilst ripping with DVD decrypter. But the latest DVD Decrypter will handle it.

3. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

is there any possible way to get it with the menus intact? and if i do it the way you described which is the main part that i add to shrink? sorry but i'm kinda new to using dvd shrink i was using dvdxcopy platinum before.

4. trinth

trinth Member

DVD Shrink will take care of it! you'll have all of your menu's etc.

5. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

alright under main movie i have three files which one(s) do i pick to have everything?

6. Amberly

Amberly Member

I think I have the same problem...I get this message from shrink a few minutes after clicking backup:
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Out of memory

The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

I have Shrink and DVDD. I've ran the forgotten through dvdd and then took the ISO file through shrink. it goes to about 23% and then i get that message. Do i have to do the reauthor thing or is there another way to get the movie with the extras intact?

7. Amberly

Amberly Member

okay, i figured out the reauthoring, so i tried it. I only included the movie files. I left out the title menus and the extras. Only got to about 13% this time and got the same message. Anyone else have this prob and fix it? Any ideas?

8. fljohnboy

fljohnboy Guest

The following information will let you copy the Sony encrypted DVD movies that will not burn using the standard SHRINK methods we used before. NERO will not be used. In my example below I will be using the movie “THE FORGOTTEN” a movie that would not copy the old standard way.

DVD DECRYPTER

1. Create a folder on your hard drive, example c:\dvdburn\forgotten
    2. Put movie in DVD drive. Start DVD DECRYPTER
    3. If RCE pops up just click OK.
    4. Click TOOLS then SETTINGS then FILE MODE
    5. There will be a box “ON STARTUP” select ”MAIN MOVIE” click OK
    6. Click “MODE” then “FILE F”, click OK if RCE pops up
    7. Click on FOLDER ICON in middle of screen and BROWSE to where we want movie
    to go. In this example “FORGOTTEN” in the “DVDBURN” folder. Click OK
    Click on the DVD Button on bottom left, it’s a picture of a dvd disk with DVD inside
    it with a green arrow pointing to a hard drive.
    8. Now the Decrypt starts. When operation completes, exit DECRYPTER, take out
    original movie and start SHRINK.

SHRINK

1. Click “EDIT” then “PREFERENCES”
    2. Adjust target size select CUSTOM, type in 4364, click “STREAM SELECTIONS” and put check mark in “DISABLE ALL SUBPICTURE EXCEPT MENUS AND FORCED STREAMS” box, click OK.
    3. Click RE-AUTHOR, browse to where movie is ripped, in this case C drive to DVDBURN folder then “FORGOTTEN” folder. Drag TITLE! Under MAIN MOVIE to the DVD STRUCTURE box.
    4. Click COMPRESSION SETTINGS, un-tick all boxes but the 5.1-CH English or whatever you want to keep.
    5. Click BACKUP
    6. Backup DVD SCREEN is on
    7. Select BACKUP TARGET BOX, make this ISO IMAGE FILE
    8. On the “SELECT TARGET IMAGE FILE” it had FORGOTTEN.ISO in there going to hard drive so I left it alone.
    9. Click OK, when done close SHRINK and go to DECRYPTER.

DVD DECRYPTER

1. Click “MODE” THEN ISO WRITE, put dvd blank in drive.
    2. Click on “PLEASE SELECT A FILE” icon
    3. Click on “FORGOTTEN” you will see a MDS file. Open that
    4. Select WRITE SPEED to be 4X
    5. Click on green arrow from hard drive to DVD ICON
    6. Movie will now burn to completion.

9. Amberly

Amberly Member

will i get the whole dvd? extras and menus and both movie files? (regular and extended with alt ending)?

10. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

hey everyone i finally did it! and here is how i got it with menus intact and all heres what you need:
    anydvd program
    dvd shrink
    dvd decryptor
    ok first make sure you have anydvd running in the background make sure you have the latest updated version.
    second open up dvd shrink and use open disc then back up. it should work. afterwards close shrink and use dvd decryptor to burn the file you just backed up. worked fine for me thanks to all who helped.

11. sporatica

sporatica Member

This was easier than I thought it would be.
    1) Decrypt w/ Current version DVD Decryptor in ISO mode (click ignore on error prompts)
    2) Create Folder/Save ISO/MDS to HD
    3) Open image file (ISO/MDS) in DVD Shrink
    4) Run DVD Shrink as usual
    5) Mount ISO/MDS File with Daemon Tools
    6) Burn w/Nero 6 using "Copy Disk" option
    Programs used: DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink, Daemon Tools, Nero (I use v6.0 - Smart Start option)

Now, can anybody tell me how to CREATE a psl file. Where can I find the protected sectors? Are these the same as the "Inserted Dummy Sectors" in DvdD?
    Also, many, many thanks to the user who posted the PSL list for RE2. I really appreaciate your sharing your work.

12. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

That's the way i backed up Forgotten Sporatica!!! Friday Night Lights was even more of a pain in the ass than forgotten. At around 53%, on iso read mode, I kept getting I/O error...Interpretation: check conditon, Invalid field in cdb?????? I've used the default setting for years with dvd decrypter and never had any problems??? So I tweaked some settings in dvd decrypter and tried again, still got the same error at around 50%. I uninstalled decrypter and shrink, cleaned the registry, disconnected the ide cable from the drive, Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers in device manager, shit I did everything!!! Then it occured to me to try "Friday Night Lights" on one of my other burners...I'll be damn if that didn't work. After all that shit it was just my dvd-rom drive. I was finally to back up Friday Night Lights using the same method I used on Forgotten. I'm not sure if the drive is complety bad because I can play dvd movies on it with no problems?? The region code is set to 1??? I said the hell with it and went out an bought a 16x DL burner.

13. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The worst movies to backup for me have been Resident Evil, Friday Night Lights, The Grudge, and Forgotten. I don't think I have another hair on my head or my ass to pull after this set of ball buster flicks. I'm not quite convinced that my dvd-rom drive (Samsung 616T) is not able to read the movies. I haven't tweaked any settings, or upgraded to service pack 2 or none of that?? I had to reinstall windows after a service pack 2 upgrade!!! go figure

14. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

I was having a hell of a time getting The Forgotten to backup. DVD Shrink wouldn't even open the disc, and DVD Decryptor would lock up at 81% every time. I downloaded AnyDVD, rebooted, put The Forgotten in the DVD drive, started DVD Shrink and bam! it worked. The only other movie I have ever had any problems backing up was The Italian Job, now i'm going to try that one again.

15. sampson65

sampson65 Member

i am fairly new to this, but i have yet to find a movie that i havent gotten around one way or another. "the forgotten" started to give me fits using shrink alone (with current anydvd), so i used vobblanker (free) to rip it to HD, then used shrink (from file) and everything, including menus, came out fine. just my two cents.

sampson

16. zinox

zinox Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there are numerous solutions to this, here on afterdawn and on dvd decryptor official forum. search more thoroughly and all will be revealed

Rich