1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE Forgotton shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lawlor, Mar 9, 2005.

1. lawlor

lawlor Member

I have DVD Shrink and Decryptor but cant seem to burn this movie??? Anyone outhere burn this movie and how?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Download the free trial of AnyDVD (slysoft.com). I used that with Nero Recode no problems. If you use Shrink AnyDVD will run in the background taking care of the protection Shrink can't.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Make sure you have the latest version of decrypter. It will rip this no problem.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah , in addition to wolf's advice, there are numerous threads on afterdawn forums and dvd decryptor official forum. I haven't got the forgetten yet, but when i do i'll be referring to those sites, just in case decryptor barfs!

Rich

5. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Its amazing this is still a problem. Anydvd running in the backround + DVDshrink will cure it. Until the next new encryption comes out lol

6. creaky

like wolf said, decryptor will do it. no need for any extra software, but everyone to their own.

Rich

7. zinox

zinox Member

Maybe its just me, but i stil keep having the same problem with ripping this movie as when i didnt have anyDVD and DVD Decrypter installen, both are latest full versions.
    Problem is that the movie gets stuck on 23% when analyzing with DVD schrink.

I have anyDVD running in the back ground, I have tried decrypting with DVD Decryptor
    I have tried running AnyDVD in the background and then DVD Schrink, it goes to 23% and then just hangs at that positions when i wait about 10 minutes at that position with DVD Dycrypter it gives me I/O errors.
    I dont know what to do i tried everything I tried two different DVD's, same movie: The Forgotten region 2.

So is it just me, i cant get around it, the discs weren't schratched, it just stops at the same position.
    I tried making an ISO of it so i could mount it with Deamon tools, but it doesnt mather what i do, i cant get hold of the full data on the disc!

8. creaky

i no wolf will say this too, anydvd is not needed for everything, for some reason a few ppl (on afterdawn forum anyway) who plug or push anydvd as the ultimate fix-all. It may solver their own problem but it's quite obviously not THE definitive fix for everyone. Take Resident Evil Apocalypse as an example - there are various workarounds for different ppl. Everyone to their own but there's far too many threads saying 'this is THE fix'

good luck and try just decryptor, THEN try other software. Kiss principle - Keep It Simple

Rich

9. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

For The Forgotten, I actually had to UN-Install AnyDVD and run the movie through DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink for it to work. Not saying this a "fix all", but I think sometimes too many proggy's running at once can mess with your system while burning. Try that and see what happens. You'll still have your trial membership once you reinstall from the website if you decide to keep it.
    One other thing...I actually had to return my first movie because I couldn't rip it. Kept trying and trying and then when I returned and got a new one, THAT's when I tried it, didn't work, uninstalled AnyDVD and it worked fine. Perhaps it's the movie itself.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  10. creaky

some of these newer protections cause differing problems to different ppl. this situation gets infinitely worse as too many ppl post b4 asking (not aiming this at original poster, just ppl in general). Pesky new protections

Rich

11. MetalWise

MetalWise Member

i just had anydvd running in the backround and copied the movie with dvd shrink. it worked perfectly

12. creaky

this this thread is overdue closing ????

Rich

13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

CLOSE THIS THREAD WE KNOW WHAT IS UP

14. TrickyDik

TrickyDik Guest

I had the same prob when I got this DVD. Tried using just Shrink but it got stuck. I had the newest January 2005 vers of Decrypter and ripped the .iso and opened with Shrink and all was well except I doubt I'll ever watch the movie again. I need to copy AFTER I obtain...

15. TIGERUK

TIGERUK Guest

YES A SEE ALLSO THE PROBLEM DONT THINK SHRINK CAN FIX TO RIP IT I DONE IT DVD PLAYER TO DVD RECORDER NO PROBLEM JUST AS GOOD TAKES LONGER BUT WHEN NOTHING ELSE WORKS THE THE RECORDER MAKES GOOD COPIES SO I HAVE IT NOW GOOD TOO

16. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

TIGERUK,

Can you find the little "caps lock" key? If so, depress it once and we'll all be happy.

17. puchasr

puchasr Member

I just started making copies of my DVD's and I got bery good results with DVD Shrink, wich I think is the best free software outhere, I tried Decrypter but didn't like it. To take care of the CSS (copy protection)I use DVD4Free, then reauthor the dvd and burn with nero, piece of cake.