1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The freakiest thing I have ever seen! Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jiglybutt, May 1, 2004.

1. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

Hi, I have a the slide tool with the swap magic discs. Both swap magics are version 2 including the cd version. I also got a new ps2 about 3 days ago. I guess that would makes it a version 10. Anyway up untill an hour ago I have only played dvd-r backups and no cd-r backups. The Swap Magic dvd version boots fine and plays my dvd-r backups fine. When I finally tried to play a cd-r backup I put in my swap magic version 2 cd. After a couple of seconds it went straight to the memory card screen that asks you to put in a PS2 formatted disc. I checked to see if their were any scratches on it and their weren't. I had used the smd cd on my old version 4 and it worked flawlessly. The next thing I tried was to boot my Game Shark V2 and the same thing happend, it went to the the red screen. At this point I feared that my PS2 just couldn't read cd-r originals. So the next thing I tried was to boot an original cd-r game that wasn't a pressed boot disc like the GS2 and smd. The game I tried was Mad Maestro and sure enough it worked perfectly. It didn't go to the red screen it booted and played perfectly. I then did one more test. I then put in the Game Shark Version 3 and like Mad Maestro it loaded fine.

This whole thing is confusing me... my ps2 can play the swap magic dvd but not the cd. It can't boot the GS2 V2 but it can boot the GS2 V3. From what I gather is that the ps2 version 10 can't boot older pressed cd-r boot discs....weird.

Bottom line is that, at the moment, I can not play cd-r backups. Would the newer Swap Magic V3 cd work? Please help!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, a quick little search would have told you that new ps2 will not read the 2.0 cd (or gameshark). You need the v3.2 cd.

3. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

I did do a search and nothing helpful came up. Anyway is it just version 10 or is it version 9 aswell?

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

So ah Jiglybutt - how did you get that name?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yeah how did you? lol...

in anyway they dont work not on 9 or 10 so get the smd 3.2...

6. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

I got that name from my jiggly butt. I was going to name myself bouncy butt but that name was too long.
    I wish I could purchase the new Swap Magic cd but my mom is paranoid about buying stuff off of the internet unless it's from amazon. I made my own slide tool and a while back I was able to persuade my mom into buying the swap magic discs. However when I asked her this time she said no way! I don't know why she is so afraid of ordering... parents are just dumb I guess.
    Anyway, the main reason I want to be able to play cd-r backups is so that I can use the cdloader. That's about it. So I was wondering if there is any way to burn the cdloader to a dvd-r?

7. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

8. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

Ok I burned the dvdloader and it booted fine. However I tried to play my backup of Tom Clancies Splinter Cell. When I did it booted fine but when I tried to load a save game it went to a yellow screen and a stayed there! Isn' t the dvdloader supposed to fix that why did it do that?

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did you select the beta 3 option from the sub menu

10. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

How do I do that? When I it loades up all that comes up is a screen that something like says please insert a dvd-r original. On that site Hanedrick gave me I downloaded the dvdloaderv7all.rar file. There were two other files, the CDloader_b51 DVD, and the basic dvdloader.rar. Advice is greatly appreciated.

11. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

Ok, I figured out what you were talking about. I followed the instructions on this site http://home.rochester.rr.com/ps2ownz/OPTiON.gif however when I select Beta 3 for splinter cell I got a red border and the screen froze. I then tried cdloaderver7beta 3 and the same thing happened. I know for a fact my splinter cell backup is good because it worked on my version 4 ps2. Did I download the wrong dvdloader or something. Thanx in advance.

12. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

Is it possible that it doesn't load splinter cell because of a marginal burn. For example if I were to use the swap magic to boot splinter I would get a green to blue border. Maybe the dvd loader can't read backups aswell as the swap magic. could this be the problem?

By the way this is how I used the dvd loader:
    1. I booted the swap magic 2 dvd
    2. Once it loaded I swaped it with the dvd loader by using the slide tool and pressed x
    3. Once it loader I pressed x to get to the sub meny.
    4. I then swaped the dvd loader with my splinter cell backup
    5. I selected Beta 3 for Splinter cell and pressed x
    6. I got a red border and nothing happened

Is this the correct way? Please help!

Last edited: May 2, 2004