1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The game could not be started - Errors 80020148/8002014C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Autimneus, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Autimneus

Autimneus Member

PSP slim running 5.00 m33-6.
    Homebrew apps failed to run:
    Xandus Media player 1.2d
    Snes9x TYL-0.4
    dgen170
    PSPGba1.2
    nesterj1.11

No homebrew apps seem to work whatsoever. It may be worth noting that my PSP does seem to run UMD images just fine from the ISO folder, so Im not sure what to think at this point.

I'd really like to get things like emulators and Xandu running, so any help figuring out why these apps don't launch would be greatly appreciated.

-I seem to be basically getting the same exact issue as this guy, though with a different model. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/771196

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

This stuff you are trying to run is from 2006 or early 2007, from the brink of the PSP hacking time. No wonder this won't run anymore, most (if not all) of these need the 1.50 kernel, which the PSP 2000 doesn't support anymore. Either get newer versions (which will even run faster/more stable) or get other homebrew apps (I don't know if there is a newer version of Xandu's).

3. .XenoN

.XenoN Member

Stop using old versions of emulators. All the emulators listed have been updated, and most (if not all) have been signed by now. An alternate media player is what you need; there are plenty of plugins that let you play music in game/make playlists. Just search psp-hacks.com and find something.