1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Getaway Freezing at Level 4

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kdogg16, Aug 26, 2003.

1. kdogg16

kdogg16 Member

I have a burned copy of getaway using memorex dvd-r and burned it using primo prassi on my toshiba 5200 laptop. I want to know right after the 3rd level it freezes at the loading window. Is there a reason why. Can it be fixed

Karun

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I also have 'The Getaway' as a backup and have played it through the point you speak of.

2 possibilities for your problem:

1. The origional disc is slightly damaged and the sectors of that damaged area were not copied properly, making a backup difficult.

2. You burn was too fast, causing an error your burning software failed to detect.

Solution: Clean the disc well and copy again at 1X from an image (not on the fly).

or

Seek out a disc utility capable of possibly repairing any bad origional sectors on your image and try the reburn.

P.S. When troubleshooting these types of problems (and they do arise) try using a RW disc until you get it write and then transfer to an +/-R to save cost overall.

3. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

or trust me if you clean your laser with a qtip and alcohal it probaly would work. i had back ups that freezed all of a sudden and videos skipped. i thought they were bad burns but then i cleaned the laser and it worked perfect!